Chapter 2

Here is a list of everything that's wrong with me -
1. Everything

You know the feeling you get when you pick up a heavy and valuable thing with your left hand? Like you're gonna drop it and everything will end. I get that feeling every second of my life.

'Get out of here' my heart demanded peremptorily.

I look up to find poker faces staring at me and suddenly I want to curl up into a ball and bury my face under my arms.

'What am I even doing here?' I never get out of my house. . never get out of my room . . never get out of my bed.

I sigh my heart out and wrap my arms around myself.

It takes me a minute to remember why I'm roaming on the streets.

"Mia you never go out . . I mean get out of your room sometimes." Mom urged.

"What will I do outside?" I protested.

"Maybe roam through the streets. There is so much to do. You can go to the bookstore, I'll give you money." Here comes the bookstore bribes.

I rolled my eyes "Mom no" I murmured. I don't wanna talk. I wanted to get out of the conversation so bad that I almost dropped the glass of water on my tee shirt.

"Mia. . " she handed me the money "Go do whatever you want to do! But for God's sake don't forget there's a world outside your room!" She roared.

"I go out daily . . to school"

That's it.

"Get out." She grunted and in a second I put the money inside my pocket and rush out of the door.

And here I am, looking at my feet as I half walk half jog towards the bookstore.

I stop 20 steps later and rub my temples. I already have a lot of reading material pending so I don't need to go to the bookstore. In addition to that I don't wanna meet people there. My cheek muscles refuse to smile at anything or anyone.

So I walk back home.