The Truth

The next morning I feel like I'm about to puke. I get dressed in jeans and a blue T-shirt with a unicorn on it. I tie my converse tightly, then loosen them when I think I'm cutting off my circulation. I knock on Tay's bedroom door. "Come in," she says. "Shouldn't you ask who it is? I could've been a murderer!" I joke. "I don't think a murderer would've knocked. Now what's up?" She replies.

"I'm nervous about what people will say," I confess. "Ever since you adopted me, people have only wanted to be my friend to get to you." "You know Nat, chances are that lots of kids have famous parents or siblings," she says. "Yeah...everyone there loves you though, and then before you know it I'm just an obstacle between them and you," I say.

"How about I come with you. We can arrange to have an assembly where we can tell your story and all that," she suggests. I give a small smile. "I'd like that," I say. "Ok, I'll call the school, you go eat," she says. I nod and leave the room.

Once I am downstairs, I pour Cheerios into a bowl, and add milk and tons of sugar. I eat up and Taylor joins me in about 20 minutes. "Well?" I ask. "They're gonna let us do it!" she answers! I pump my fists in the air and dance around the kitchen. Taylor glances at the clock.

"Woah, we got to leave," she says and grabs her car keys. We drive to school and walk into the office. (A/N I just realized I made the teachers last name the same as Natalie's real last name and that'd be weird so I'm changing the teachers name to Mr. Willis. Ok back to the storyyyy) "Natalie and Taylor Swift, here to speak in an assembly thing about bullying and such," I say. The office lady laughs at my explanation.

She walks us to the back door of the auditorium and we walk backstage and the nauseas feeling sweeps over me again. I hear the students' chatter from the other side of the curtains. "Nervous?" asks Taylor. I nod and wrap my arms around my stomach. "That's normal," she says with a grin.

We walk out on stage and I quickly spot Sophia, Claire, and Winnie-sitting together in the front row. Their eyes widen as they see Taylor. Sophia points from me to Taylor and I shrug.

Taylor takes the microphone off the stand. "Hi, as I'm sure most of you know, I'm Taylor Swift. My family has recently adopted my new little sister, Natalie Swift. As of this weekend, she is going on my Red world tour with me. I'll let Natalie talk now," she says and passes me the mic.

"Hi, I'm Natalie. I just transferred here yesterday. Let me clear up all the doubt by saying, yes, I'm Taylor's sister. Now, don't go asking me for her autograph, because that gets super annoying," I begin, and people laugh. Some of my nausea disappears. "As some of you know, I was bullied at my old school. That's why I'm pretty hesitant to say anything about me knowing Taylor. When people know that, it makes it hard for me to make friends. I don't know who likes me for me, and who's using me to get to Taylor."

I continue with my speech, telling how I was adopted, about Chrissy, and how Taylor's music helped me. When I finish and snap the mic into its stand, I receive a standing ovation. I smile and disappear behind the curtains. "You did amazing!" Taylor says, hugging me.

"Now, you can come home, or spend the rest of the day here," she says. "I'll stay," I say. She nods, wishes me luck, and leaves.

The rest of the day goes surprisingly well. People do ask me questions, but not about meeting Tay or getting autographs. My friends are also very supportive, and say they don't care who my sister is, that they like me for me.

When I get home, I pack for the tour and fall asleep easily.