School and Touring

I walk with Sophia to my class, and we part ways at the door. "Bye!" she says and turns into her class. "Bye..." I mumble and open the door. "And here....is our new student Natalie," the teacher says. "Hi," I say, awkwardly.

"Take a seat next to Winifred," he says. "It's Winnie!" Shouts a dark haired, dark skinned girl. The teacher, Mr. Price. "He never gets my name right," Winnie whispers to me. "Winifred! We've heard you speak enough today!" Mr. Price says.

Winnie shakes her head and continues taking out her things for class. "Alright, today we'll be learning about bass and treble clefts. They can easily be remembered by acronyms. Every Good Boy Does Fine is a common one for the treble cleft notes on lines, and for the notes on spaces, you can remember that it spells out the word 'FACE'." I copy all of this down onto my paper.

"Bass space notes can be remembered by All Cows Eat Grass. The line notes can be memorized by Good Birds Don't Fly Away." He says, and hands out worksheets for us to do. By the time I finish, class is over.

I make it through the rest of the day, and it goes perfectly. I make friends, and everyone is very nice. I am very relieved to go home, where I don't have to pretend that I'm just a fan of Taylor Swift. All my friends I've made are Swifties, so it's sort of tough to keep the topic of me being Taylor's sister out of normal conversation.

"I'm home!" I shout as I walk through the door. "Heyyyyyy!" Taylor says and jumps off the chair she was sitting on. "How was your day?" she asks. "Amazing! I made a bunch of friends, everyone's so nice there!" I say, and she folds her arms around me. "I'm so glad you're fitting in," mom says as she walks up and puts her hand on my shoulder.

The rest of the night we play games and laugh. Then Taylor's phone rings. "Hello?" she answers. "Yes. Oh my god! Yeah, I can't wait! I'll tell everyone," she says, then hangs up.

"My manager's planned a world tour!" she shouts at us all. We all congratulate and high five her. "And you're all coming with me!" she shouts again. "Woah...wait," I interrupt the cheering. "What about my school. I just started!" I say. "I don't know...i didn't really think about that. Temporary homeschool?" Taylor suggests. "Yeah, I don't care about that, but what are we going to tell the school?" I ask.

"That you're going on a world tour!" Taylor says. "Ok..." I say, still worried. This will put my friendships and future friendships in jeopardy. They have to find out about where I'm going, after all. Right?

I lie awake most of the night contemplating this.