13- "Take us to the Great Wall of China."

Start from the beginning

Even Irfan and Natasha could tell that something was bugging me when I remained close to mute during lunch. They asked me once or twice until eventually I spilled out.

Those mundane thoughts plagued my mind for sometime but after talking to Ahana again that night, I felt better next morning. A few days after that incident, I was back to my usual goofy self. Not that I wasn't worried at all but it wasn't as big as I pictured out to be. Life felt normal again.

~

“Ya Allah, not this drama again... Okay bye,” Irfan spoke and ended the call. He looked stressed as he rubbed his temple.

“What's up, dude? Did a stray dog happen to trespass your house and eat all the remaining stock from the kitchen or worse, peed on it?” We were in a Indian restaurant having dinner and no, it wasn't a date. Moreover there were two more guys with us.

He let out a grunt of disapproval at my statement and shifted a little closer to my side, “Listen, I have a favor to ask of you. After this dinner,” he said with finality before going back to eating.

I didn't need to think twice about the favor he asked of me afterwards. I already knew my answer. “No. I absolutely refuse to waste my leftover energy in babysitting a drunk Natasha.”

“You don't have to babysit her man!” he hissed. “Just go to the pub where she is, hire a cab and escort her to her residence. That's it.”

“Then why don't you handle it? She called you, not me,” I pointed out and crossed my arms.

“It's was Kyle, her roommate who informed me about Natasha. She's out of city right now. She can't pick her up so she called a person she could rely,” he said, a little too proudly to which I whistled. “Come on, try to understand my emotions, brother.”

He called me brother, not bro.

“You're the only one I can count on.”

Since when?

“Just do this for me,” he begged, literally joining his close palms in front of me. “See, I already dropped that witch home two times before. I took her responsibility, it's time you do the same.”

“Why?” Shouldn't he be more willing since his crush requested him to?

“Because we are more than just your regular colleagues. We are a genuine team,” he stated with a raised fist and honestly, that touched me. “And as team mates, it's our responsibility to take care of one another. She needs it right now.”

“Okay but you—”

“You're the best, my brother. Love ya!” he cut me off by pulling me to a bro hug. I blinked. “You know her address, right? Don't worry, I'll message you the details. Just do as I say and you're a free man. Meet you tomorrow. Take care. Khuda hafis!” he said quickly, not giving me a single chance to interrupt. I called behind him but he bolted out of the exit door as if he was urging to pee right there and then. This bastard!

Did it look like I had a choice? Apparently, I did but, it would be wrong to ditch a friend's request (Well, actually a friend's friend request handed to a friend's friend) and especially leave an intoxicated friend in the streets. Drawing out a long sigh, I headed over to the pub where Natasha was supposed to be. On my way, I received a message from Irfan detailing me her address, along with a small note in the end.