Chapter 9

And I will stay up through the night,
Yeah let's be clear, won't close my eyes,
And I know that I can survive,
I'd walk through fire to save my life,
And I wanted it, I want my life so bad,
And I'm doing everything I can,
Now another one bites the dust,
It's hard to lose a chosen one,
You did not break me,
I'm still fighting for peace.
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
(EARLIER)
Jumin.
I walk out and slam the door shut. Everything has drained from me. Everything. My mind is numb. The world is spinning. My heart is hurting. It feels like everything is crashing down, collapsing into crumbles. Breathe in, breathe out, and repeat. I can't feel anything. Everything is drenched in sadness.
The world seems empty.
I go on my phone, and press the one contact on my speed dial.
Jihyun Kim.
It rings for a while, the beep sounds. His home phone voicemail plays.
"Hi, Jihyun here, I'm sorry but I'm not available right now."
His voice is ringing through my head.
"I'll get back to you soon, so please leave me a message, thanks!"
It beeped, and it was silent for a minute. I sigh.
"I... I miss you, Jihyun. You should've spoken to me. That's what we always did, so... Why? Why'd you leave me, with nothing but a simple note? Why didn't you tell me anything? Why did you get me to trust you, only for you to pack up and go? That's not like you, Jihyun. I know you. You helped me, saved me, even, from loneliness. Why didn't you let me save you? You didn't have to go, really. You promised you'd stay here with me, forever, unless you were forced to leave. You broke your promise. You... you lied. And now, your work has been undone. I don't think I can trust anyone as much as I did you again, but I don't care. I miss you. And you won't hear this ever again... I won't hear your voice ever again. You're gone..."
I wipe my eyes, trying not to let my emotions get to me.
'Keep yourself together, Jumin..' I took a deep breath, and hung up.
I walk, and call Driver Kim to pick me up. I don't know who to call to report to about Jihyun. I suppose there would have to be some research on it when I got back.
'You need to be there for them. You need to focus on the situation, not yourself. Your emotions don't matter right now, others need you, Jumin. Don't be selfish.'
The car pulls up in front of me, interrupting my thoughts. Driver Kim comes out and opens the doors, and I get in. The ride home is quiet. Everything in my house is silent.
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
Well, I've got thick skin and an elastic heart,
But your blade—it might be too sharp
I'm like a rubber band until you pull too hard,
Yeah, I may snap and I move fast
But you won't see me fall apart
'Cause I've got an elastic heart
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
Authors Note
I am so pissed at myself
It's been ages since I updated it I'm so sorry holy shit
And this chapter is kinda shit
and jumin no my baby son
Stop
I need to stop myself
Help
Anyway I'll start writing the next chapter
Laters potatoes
TF is that I'm cringing at myself ok