Chapter 13: An Archer's Promise (Part Two)

Start from the beginning

He stumbled as the arrow pierced right through his arm. He cried out and dropped his shield. I glanced behind him...

And my jaw dropped. Impossible.

Outlander had returned from a million pieces to one. He glared at Platnium with anger. My eyes were filled with tears of surprise and relief. 'He's alive...Oh thank Arceus!'

My friends had stopped fighting, and they too looked at him with the same look I did.

"O-Outlander?" Hero's voice quivered. The Decidueye nodded.

"You're alive!" Mayhem cried and ran over to him, giving him a big bear hug, to which he struggled against. "How, though?!"

"I'm a Ghost type. I can regenerate. Now stop!" He demanded. Mayhem let go. Outlander took a deep breath and walked over to Platinum.

He pointed an arrow at him. "You're not him. Tell me where he is. Now." He ordered. The Aegislash was silent. Outlander shot an arrow in his eye.

The Aegislash cried in pain. "Alright! Alright! L-lord Platinum is on Mount Vendetta. H-he is waiting for you on top. You...you won't kill him. He'll avenge all of us! Glory will be his!" The Aegislash laughed despite his wounds.

Outlander shook his head. "Not today." He said. Then, he finished him off.

***

Well, after that, I couldn't help but hug him. I confessed myself to him too, and he said he already knew. The others may have been teasing us, but I knew they were just as happy as us, especially since he was alive.

We were in our tents. I decided to sleep with Outlander tonight because...well, I'm his new girlfriend! In fact, we were so happy today, we...um...too much information. >\\\\\\<

Anyways, the next morning, we were heading up the mountaim after we packed up. The sun shone high, the birds chirped, it was truly a beautiful day.

I did, however, notice that Outlander's face was contorted. I decided to ask him.

"What's wrong, Outie~?" That's my nickname for him. (Don't you laugh at it! It took me forever to come up with one! 😡)

He sighed. "Well, I've just been thinking about how I could actually avenge my father. I mean, Mount Vendetta is a nightmare." I rubbed my cheek against him.

"Don't worry Outie~. As long as we're here, it'll turn into a daydream~." *wink*. He sighed and smiled at me.

"Are you two done yet?" Mayhem interrupted. We blushed and forgot that we weren't alone. "Er...yeah! We're fine!" Mayhem just rolled his eyes.

Mia and Amber giggled. I knew just how much they shipped us. Now if only we could get Amber and Hero to confess...

Derekeeth interrupted us. "Did you here that?" Star, Arrowhead, Outlander, and Hero all listened. "What is that?" Star asked.

"Sounds like someone's... panting?" Derekeeth replied. Suddenly, a terrified voice called out.

"H-help! Please help me!"

***

~Hero's POV

What was that? Somemon' in trouble? I followed the voice, Derekeeth following me.

"Hey wait!" Salem called, but we were already heading towards it. Whovever needed our help, they weren't joking. I could tell by their voice.

Finally, we stumbled upon a Midday Lycanroc. He was lethally wounded in the stomach. He gazed at us with a look of hope and pain.