“Don’t worry baby, knowing you right the conversation will return to that topic sooner or later.” Lauren appeased teasingly, resting her hand on my thigh and made me shiver lightly from the touch.

“Keep the PDA on a down-low will ya? It’s lunchtime.” Alexa snickered as she approached our table with Lucy in a two, sitting down casually.

Lauren stuck her tongue out immediately, not removing her hand but blushing a bit. It turned out that Lucy wasn’t after Lauren like I had thought at the recent soccer match, which made me ease up to her a lot more. We had actually developed some sort of friendship with both her and Alexa as it was inevitable with how close they seemed to be with Lauren.

Although their bonding with Ally is understandably under progress. It takes a time for old wounds to heal, but they’re really being respectful and patient so I don’t doubt it will take Ally long to warm up to them. 

We fell into a steady conversation, talking about today’s events at school and the upcoming. Lauren and Lucy shared an intense discussion about their next soccer match and who they thought would play where while I followed Lauren with my eyes discreetly. Her eyes were glowing and the fire was burning on pure passion.

I smiled admirably, continuing to watch her until their conversation seemed to end and Lauren turned to face me. “I don’t think I’ve seen you this smiley in a long time.” She mumbled and I grinned broadly, leaning in and placing a chaste kiss on her plump lips. Kissing Lauren like this, innocently, lovingly, was the best feeling. To know that when I kissed her it wouldn’t be the last time.

“I am just very, very happy.” I returned honestly and rested the side of my head on her shoulder, hearing her body let out a content sight.

“You two are literally making me want to throw up.” Alexa commented up, smirking at Lauren and me while making a face as if actually vomiting. “Same.” Ally chimed in from behind us, shielding her face with her phone playfully before making a point by pressing herself between Lauren and I on the bench.

I automatically glared at her, crossing my arms and letting out an annoyed scoff. Ally simply looked at me with a light frown, “What?”

“Do you mind?”I emphasized to her choice of seating with my hands. 

Ally tilted her head, amusement lacing her eyes. “Nope.” She stated, causing our group of friends to laugh at my growing irritation. Lauren joined until I burned my gaze into her, causing her to stop and send me an apologizing smile.

I couldn’t even pretend to stay mad at any of them. The atmosphere was too pleasing to not feel utterly happy. We were all talking animatedly, joking around shamelessly until Lauren stiffened in her seat, the sudden tensing of her posture grabbing my attention. I followed her eyes curiously, watching as it led me to a familiar table.

I gasped, Veronica was sitting at the Popular’s table, her mouth attached to Luis Santos’ brashly and causing quite a scene. It didn’t take long before everyone’s attention were directed at them and that was when Lucy’s chair scratched the floor of the cafeteria and she was gone like the wind.

What the hell is going on? I asked myself but when I went to search after answers from Lauren she was gone. I let my eyes roam the cafeteria restlessly until they landed on Veronica who had gotten to her feet. Lauren’s hand connecting to her cheek for a brief moment in a slap that made the hair in the back of my neck rise.

Part of me was in too much shock but it still didn’t stop the thoughts from flow in a hurry. Was Lauren still in love with Luis? That was the only thing in my mind right now and it all made sense. Perhaps he was the reason why she didn’t want to commit to me fully. I felt like a complete idiot for thinking I was enough.