Chapter 1: A Terrible Accident

Start from the beginning

"Oh look, it's Ugly and the Beast!" Joslyn said as her friends giggled. I HATED HER. I wish I could tear off her slutty lips that were covered in shiny red lipstick. I got so mad one time that I threatened to kill her in front of everyone, which nearly got me expelled. Every time she spoke, I felt like squeezing a baby kitten until its eyes popped out. Though, I loved kittens.

"Joslyn, is there ever a day where you go without wearing red on those crusty-ass shit stains you call lips?" I asked, annoyed.

"Listen here, Crystal. I wear whatever I want when I want. Got it?"

What a bitch. Joslyn stood with two girls beside her. Brittany and Jasmine, her little 'crew'. "See you tomorrow, Crystal," Me and William clenched our fists at the same time, full of anger.

"I hate her," William said.

"I know. We just have to learn to ignore it."

The end of the day came and I was ready to head home. The wind pushed me as I tried to keep a steady balance. The road leading to my William's home was blocked off by construction which resulted in my only route: the woods.

Twigs cracked as I walked along the dead grass in the way. I walked along the public path that hikers visited daily. I felt like someone was following me, making me tense. I was cautious to where I was walking because there were rocks everywhere. Sharp rocks to be exact, making me nervous.

I thought I heard something, making me freeze. A twig cracked, making me confused because I wasn't walking. I turned around swiftly and saw her. Joslyn.

"Hey, Crystal! Trying to get home?"

"What the hell do you want? Why are you following me?"

"Because you talked shit during lunch. That made me very upset." Joslyn said as she put down her purse, then began taking off her earrings and high heels. She wanted to fight me. She pulled out her phone and pointed it at me.

"Say hi to the camera, Crystal. To all the people who will watch you getting your ass beat, by me."

"Listen, I'm just trying to get home. Leave me and William alone from now on, Joslyn."

"I don't think so, you little skank!"

She held her phone out, pressing the record button on her phone. Joslyn was on the edge of a steep hill, giving me ideas. I tried to hold in my anger, but I couldn't. "Hey, RedGate High! Look who I found here. Crystal Garrix."

I approached her slowly, warning her to leave. My anger issues weren't doing well with Joslyn. "The #1 ugly bitch of High School, Everyone!... And the winner is... Crystal Garrix!"

My inner-demon forced me to rush toward her, pushing her back. She dropped her phone as it flew down the steep hole. Joslyn tumbled over several rocks, falling at least 20 feet down. It wasn't the fall that killed her... it was the rocks. I didn't think it would kill her, I thought she would break her nails or her high heels would slip off. The steep hill didn't go that far down, making me confident she wouldn't be hurt majorly.

I snapped out of it, realizing what I'd done. "Oh God." A tear ran down my cheek. "Joslyn? Are you okay?" She didn't respond, nor did she move. A ding went off on my phone. It was William. He'd sent me a text message.

William: You coming over?

Me: Yeah, I'll be there soon. I have some stuff to handle, first.

William: Ok, I'll be waiting. ;)

"What am I going to do?" I was too afraid to touch her. I covered my mouth as more tears emerged from my eyes. "I'm so sorry."