Peter Mini Part Two

blub

(A/N: Hey guys! So, I wanted to address something. I have been getting some requests that, sadly, I've had to turn down. I will not write for any fandom other than Narnia in this book and my Tumblr. I will not write anything other than X Readers, meaning I will not write a story where what would normally be considered the reader has a name; for example, someone asked me to name the love interest 'Faith', which I would not do purely for the sake of everything I write being changeable and personal to the reader. That said, this oneshot is a continuation from yesterday, so let's get to it! Remember to eat something, drink some water and take your meds! Love you!)

After her last biting remark towards the man who had just questioned her affections towards him and whether or not they were just a silly game, Y/N promptly left the High King's quarters. She felt insulted that he would blatantly confront her about the matter, though he seemed confident in the fact that she was a heartless woman who would use his power and status for her own good.

As she reflected on it that night, while mending a seam in one of her nightgowns, she could remember vividly the fact that Peter had been shaking as he told her of his concerns. He probably worked on the assumption that no one noticed that he fidgeted with anything and everything, but when you pay as close of attention to the High King as Y/N did, you realize that he really isn't good at hiding anything at all, including his feelings.

Y/N could read him like an open book, and assumed everyone else could too. Peter was deeply infatuated with her, it was plain to see, and she wasn't very open with her feelings towards him. She hardly acted any different in his presence; she was still poised, refined, and professional, were as Peter nearly dropped the entire 'King' persona and acted like a teenager with his first crush.

The two avoided each other for nearly a week, but both had to attend a festival and, to keep up public appearances, at least stand next to each other.

"My lord," Y/N said upon greeting Peter. "It's a lovely day."

"I couldn't agree more," Peter replied stiffly. "I regret to have not seen much of you these past days, my lady. Have you been well?"

If Peter was being completely honest, he really did regret not spending nearly enough time in Y/N's presence. He knew that at some point he would have to confront the elephant in the room, and now seemed like a good time.

"About the matter we discussed..."

"It's alright," she stopped him. "You really don't have to explain any further."

"Y/N," he said. "I feel as though I at least owe you an explanation."

"I understand why you felt as though I may just be manipulating you for your power, and while I can assure you that you are not the first man to find some fault in my end of the relationship, I do feel obligated to tell you that the manner in which you addressed the situation was brash and unjust."

"You've had this happen before?" Peter kept his eyes on the people enjoying the festivities, not turning towards Y/N. "I knew that you had previous relations but-"

"Yes, I've had someone question whether or not I am truly as devoted to the partnership as they are in the past, and the self discovery I have done since those men has taught me that I simply do a poor job at expressing my feelings. I am shy in that regard, and only in that regard, but it seems to deal me the most misfortune."

The noblewoman kept her head high, though Peter thought that she might sag under the weight of her dresses.

"I do not expect your pity," she said, slower this time. "I only wish that you will accept the ways in which I do show affection and which I do not. This is not easy for me, and I have never been with someone patient enough to let me learn how I," she paused at the word, nearly choking it out, "love."

The High King made a bold move, slipping his hand into Y/N's. "Well, I am willing to be that someone, if you will let me."

Y/N smiled. "Yes. Yes, I think we can start from there."