Chapter 10: Lunch With Remus

You're heading to Hogsmeade right now to meet Remus. You're just in a t-shirt and jeans as you're only meeting a friend. You arrive and notice Remus is wearing a blazer and suit pants. Oh dear, he still thinks this is a date.  He hugs you "You look nice." "Thanks." "So how's Lucifer doing now, she settling in?" "Yeah, Luci likes to stay in my chambers and not the other owls except Hedwig." 'Hedwig?" "She's a snowy owl that Harry owns." Remus nods. We sit and order food. "It's nice to see you again Remus, it's been so long since I've had lunch with one of my friends. It's nice, I missed eating with you guys." Remus's face falls when I call him a friend and lump him in with the guys. "So, uh, how have you been then?" "Good. I've got a nice house now, and I work at Hogwarts too. I just have to keep them a year, do a blood test, have Harry sign that he wants to live with me then pass the Ministry assessment. After that Harry will legally be under my care and away from those horrid Dursleys." Remus smiles "So you've gotten a letter from the Ministry with the requirements then?" "Yeah. I was concerned about the year and assessment requirements." "You should be worried about the blood test. Blood magic is forbidden except in rare cases." "That's what Severus said. That I should be more worried about giving my blood to them. I figured that if I bring a Ministry worker to get a muggle DNA test it should work the same. It's a blood test but they use spit instead." Remus nods "That sounds reasonable. THat's great that you've already started in on the requirements." "Yeah, I can't wait until Harry is mine and away from the Dursley's." "So where'd you find a house?" "Dumbledore found it for me actually. It's in this cute little muggle community called Cokeworth. Plus Severus lives across the street but he doesn't know that he only knows my  new house is on Spinner's End, not across from him." Remus looks shocked at that "And Dumbeldore found you the house?" "Well he found two houses and I like this one better. The other was too big and was in Godric's Hollow." "Where James and Lily were?" "Yes. It had a good view of their house too. I just couldn't deal with it, so I choose the other house." Remus nods. "Would you like dessert?" "Maybe some ice cream?" "Chocolate?" "Of course. " "Oh it looks like they only got twist." "That's fine I like vanilla and chocolate." So we both get twist ice cream as we walk back towards Hogwarts. We stop at the carriage waiting for me pulled by a Thestral. "Thanks for lunch Remus. It was nice to eat with a good friend again." "Yeah. Maybe next time we could have dinner?" "Perhaps but we'll see. Bye Remus." "Bye Jean."