Australia

I knew it, I just knew it! I never doubted my brother when he said I have selective OCD, even if he was joking. I had been staring at my makeup in front of the mirror for the past hour and a half, touching up my nearly perfect long black lashes with thin, sticky mascara. My jeans, slightly ripped at the knees, hugged my legs in all the right places. It was a warm day so I had the cuffs rolled up with gold sandals on, and a loose tank top with neon orange and white stripes. I flaunted a gold and orange statement necklace that's china-like beads nearly obscured the faded logo of a dancing ballerina on the hem of my shirt. I smiled, gently smoothing out the beads and hemline, so the dancers hands were elegant and flat against my voluptuous chest.

It was my first day at a public school in Australia. It was gorgeous here, the sun seemed to shine daily, Sydney was beautiful, the people were friendly as far as I could tell. It was very different from the suburban areas of New York in America, where people knew their neighbors and you didnt see and hear cars and people at night out on the street. I really liked it here, even though when I first heard about the move I felt as if my life was in a state of tragedy. My mom, her name is Sara, is a fashion desginer for one of the more high class labels in America. She nearly owned the place, and I was proud to say that it was originally hers and my fathers. Dad died a couple of years ago (a real state of tragedy, as he was our rock of the family. He was always stubborn and hardheaded like me, but he was also soothing and kind with a heart as big as Australia itself.) in a car accident. It was horrible at first, the shock, pain, helplessness I felt when I realized he was gone, but over time it got better. He hadnt suffered, and he had always said, as crazy as it sounded, that he wasnt afraid of death. I guess Im not either.

Mom took over the company when he died, becoming the family's sole provider as Dad had owned a dance studio and we had to sell after he was gone. Eventually a bigger company bought out Bellsong, the label, and allowed Mom to stay on top of things. I only wear Bellsong clothes now, as crazy as it sounds.

I ran my fingers through my now perfectly curled dusty mahogany hair, touching up the dark green liner that outlined my moss green eyes and silvery lids. My lips were done a light rose color to accent my already flushed yet tanned skin. I knew it was time to go before I even looked at the clock. Wow, senior year in Australia, this will be something for the scrapbooks.

~~~~

The day couldnt have started more awkward. I got lost on my way to homeroom twice, and once had to stop to ask a teacher, but the other had to ask a student. As far as I could tell, he was not that right in the head. My schedule was surprisingly normal, homeroom then math, science, history, free period, english, lunch, art, and gym- all in that order. At least gym was at the end of the day, so I wouldnt end up sweaty during class. Homeroom was okay, I just sat around and doodled while she called attendance and gave me my schedule, a map of the grounds, and some tips and reminders like no gum, flipflops, or cell phones. Knowing me, the cell phone rule would be broken by lunch.

When the bell rang, I noticed I had been clenching my fists so hard that my knuckles were white. 'Come on Brianna,' I cheered to myself mentally, 'Make a statement! Your time starts... Now!'

Kicking into full 'make an impression' gear, I flipped my hair over one shoulder, and bounced down the hall toward math class. I could tell my idea was working because of the curious looks I was getting and the hoots and hollers that were being called after me. I just laughed and threw a friendly wave over my shoulder at the boys who had been whistling. It wasnt new to me, no matter how shallow that may sound. I had always been called attractive, and everywhere I went I seemed to attract just the right amount of attention.

Turning the last corner to where I assumed, regarding my map, my math class was I stumbled into a hard chest and mass of books and laughter. I looked up to see who had distrupted my train of thought as I tried to weave my way through the map to determine where exactly I was. I wasnt too upset though, if you catch my drift.

My, my, my, he was gorgeous, and that was an understatement. He was tall, maybe 5' 11" , mostly muscle and abs that felt like brick, judging by the impact. He wore baggy jeans, not to low but not too high, with a tight fitted red tee. Oil stains blotted his pants in smeared finger prints, and his hair wisped gently to the side in black waves, his eyes a deep green like mine. He wore not a smirk but a genuine smile, a gentle one.

"Oh my gosh, Im so sorry!" I laughed, bending down to collect my scattered papers and his crumbled book. I realized he was reading 'The Giver'. I held my tongue, that book was very good, but I had read it nearly 1000 times and didnt want to ruin the ending by blurting useless conversation starters.

He gave me a sweet smile, his eyes wrinkling at the edges. "Its fine, should've turned on my blinker," he joked. I looked at him in bewilderment. "Im kidding."

"Oh! Haha, I knew that," I said stumbling over the fake laugh and just resorting to about as much effort as a rock. He looked at me, his head cocked to the side in curiousity and genuine interest. Suddenly I felt very exposed as his eyes drifted down my body. Awkward. "Brianna Bellsong, I just moved here." I held out my hand awkwardly, even though we were still kneeling collecting our things. He chuckled, stood and pulled my up with my outstretched hand.

"Austin Sawyer, and yes, I know you just moved here," he smirked, shaking out his hair. I raised an eyebrow in question. "Oh, sorry, yes. Your accent! Or do I mean the lack of an accent? Oh well, no matter really. Welcome to Sydney!" he exclaimed with an excited gesture, as he began backing up, opening what I assumed was the bathroom door with his back.

"Well, thank you!" I chuckled with a full smile. I couldnt help it, so as he backed away with a wave I took a weary glimpse at his ass.

I turned towards math, applauding myself for my intuitive taste in men.

-----

Hey you guys! Need a cover for this, so comment please if your willing to!

I hope you guys like it, tell me what you think in a comment, or just fan me. Your input motivates me!<3

I love you all if you read!

Ill post again soon,

-Michelle.