Kim Jinhwan | A Cinderella Story [2]

KIM JINHWAN | A Cinderella Story [ part 2 ]

. . .

If you want to know who I am, go to prom this Saturday. Then I'll finally reveal myself to you.
— J

You heaved a long sigh as you stared at the almost crumpled yellow paper in your hand. "No turning back now," you told yourself.

You hid the paper inside your white pouch and examined yourself in the body mirror on your wall. The corners of your mouth slowly went upward when you saw your own reflection. Your blue dress was a little tight at the top but once it reached your waist, it came out in a puffy blue skirt that flowed all the way down to the floor. It was almost as close as Cinderella's gown but a lighter one and with a satin finish that glows like gold glitter. Your hair fell down gracefully in the middle of your back. Your makeup was only done lightly but it captured the features of your face very well, mostly focusing on your eyes. You were in awe at the transformation, it's like you're a different person — and it's all thanks to your dearest mom.

Knock! Knock! You were startled by the sudden knock of your bedroom door but quickly composed yourself. You cleared your throat. "Come in!"

The door revealed a familiar face, dressed in a green off-shoulder flowy dress and her auburn hair in a braid. "Y/N, you look amazing!" Rośe gasped in awe.

You chuckled. "You don't look bad yourself."

"I'm so happy you two grew up into such lovely young ladies." You heard your mother's proud voice behind the two of you. You and Rośe turned to her and said your thanks. "Here," she said, handing you both your masks. You smiled and put it on. "Now, now. You guys better go or you'll be late!" Your mom reminded, chuckling.

You both nodded eagerly and said your thanks once again. You hugged and planted her a kiss before the both of you left to prom.

. . .

You and Rośe finally arrived and suddenly your heart pounded at the thought of prom just right in front of you. Is something bad's gonna happen? You were probably one of the few people who didn't have a date, and chances are you're gonna spend the whole night as a thirdwheeler. You froze.

"What's up?" Rośe asked, looking at you concerned.

You bit your lip. "What if I'll just spoil your night with Junhoe?" You frowned at the thought.

She laughed and shook her head in response. "You're not, okay? You're my bestfriend, and we should rock this prom together! Besides, I was the one who practically forced you to go with me," she chuckled. "And I know what you're thinking. You won't be a third wheel," Rośe said with a cheeky grin. You let out a breath and nodded. "Great! Now let's go!" She grabbed your wrist and the two of you went your way to the school gym where prom was being held.

And she was right. You and your friends were definitely having a blast, dancing to the loud and upbeat music. The room was getting louder as each second passed by, until the song changed to a slow one. You found yourself surrounded by couples dancing slowly with each other. "Hey, guys. I'mma just get something to drink," you excused yourself and Rośe nodded. You smiled when you saw both Rośe and Junhoe start to slow dance in each other's arms as you left.

Letting out a small sigh, you poured yourself some punch into a cup. As you were about to drink it, you stopped midway and just put it on the table. You stared at it blankly, your mind clouded with thoughts.

"Crazy night, eh?" You lightly jumped, startled by a voice behind you. You turned around and spotted a boy wearing a black suit and a blue tie that matched the color of your dress, as he walked closer to where you were.

"Do I know you?" You asked. His face was fully covered with a black mask, although you sensed some kind of familiarity in his very aura. You just couldn't pinpoint who.

At that very moment, another slow song started playing and his grin grew wider. "May I have this dance?" He asked in a very princely way, holding out his hand towards you. You bit your lower lip and hesitantly took his hand.

"Sure."

He led you to the dancing crowd and onto the middle of the dance floor. "Who are you, really?" You queried curiously as you both started dancing.

His lips turned upwards into a smile. "You'll know," he whispered in your ear as you both swayed to the music. You gave up and decided to let your thoughts and questions go and just enjoy that very moment. Until, the music stopped. "Come."

"What?" You were confused.

"Come with me," he said and grabbed your hand without waiting for a response, leading you outside and into the garden.

"It's beautiful," you voiced out as you looked around. Your eyes reflected with the bright holiday lights that filled the whole place. Rose petals were scattered on the freshly cut green grass. It looked like a scene fresh from a fairytale story.

"Like you," the boy continued. You looked at him straight in the eye and his eyes became softer. His lips slowly formed a wide smile and you felt your heart beat speed. You couldn't shake the strange feeling that you knew him all along.

"Please, just tell me who you are," you pleaded. His smile grew wider as he reached to his right pocket, revealing out a white paper. He handed it to me.

I am 'J' :)

You felt your mask being slowly removed from your face, then you looked at him, surprised. He tucked a loose strand of hair behind your ear and smiled. You felt your cheeks redden by his actions, but you ignored it. You just wanted to see the face hiding behind the mask.

Right then, he slowly removed his and you caught your breath, your eyes widened in surprise.

"Surprise," he chuckled, and it was like music to your ears.

You couldn't believe it.

J is Kim Jinhwan.

so first and foremost, i owe you guys an apology :( i'm so sorry that part two came a bit too late; school was literally killing me omfg

so first and foremost, i owe you guys an apology :( i'm so sorry that part two came a bit too late; school was literally killing me omfg. but it's summer now so yay. i spent so much on this one bec i wasn't really confident with what i wrote but i hope you guys liked it. also, thank you so so much for supporting this imagines book :) — jewel