Chapter 5

I didn't pay much attention to anything for the rest of the day after Ayano spoke to me. I didn't really notice any funny business with Ayano either. All I know was just her stalking her beloved. The third day was the same, and so was the fourth. I was getting used to the normality in life again, just that I was having trouble with what I was feeling. Finally Friday came, I mentally cheered for the last day of the week.

" Cracking is a process when high temperature and catalyst are present, "

My chemistry teacher spoke, writing down whatever 'cracking' was on the whiteboard. The squeaky sound of the marker stretched across the board.

I sighed. Two periods of lessons have passed but I'm still distracted from whatever happened three days ago. My chest emitted an anxious feeling throughout my body and I was so unsure of what I was feeling.

I think it's just the guilt, stress and fear. The guilt of 'helping' Ayano murder that innocent girl, the stress of being on Ayano's good side so she won't kill me, and the fear of Ayano herself. However, that didn't feel right, it felt so sure that fear wasn't what I was feeling. Then what was this other feeling, coursing through me? Ugh, whatever. Everything is about .. Ayano. I can't quite understand why. It's so stupid I'm trying to crack open my brains while the teacher is explaining cracking. Oh the irony, but I just don't understand. Why her-

" Ehem. "

I jolted up from my seat, students around me snicker at the startled sight. My Chemistry teacher looking down at me, her fingers tapping on my desk.
" I really hope we don't have another dreamer in class, " Her eyes gestured us to look over Hayato, gazing out the window, like his soul just escaped this boring lesson.
The teacher sighed, walking over to Hayato and brought him back to sad reality.

" Listen up, your exams are around the corner so please, focus. " And with that the class shut up, and the satisfied teacher went back on to teaching.

An hour later, the bell rang. I walked over to Hayato's desk, holding out my bento box .
" Wanna eat near the fountain today? " He asks, and guilt stepped on my back, hearing about the fountain. But not wanting to stay in class with that chemistry teacher, I nodded.

We walked quickly, as our stomach grumbled like whining children. We sat down, relieved that not many people are sitting at the edge of the fountain, but I mean, it's just that guy Ayano has a crush on sitting there 24/7.

" Man, that chemistry teacher is such a drag sometimes. " He sighed, chewing a portion of his food.

"She was doing it for our own good you loser, "

I laughed and took a bite out of my meal as he rolled his eyes at me. He opened his mouth with half chewed food, gross mixture of saliva and the contents he was eating. "Ewww , close your mouth you dingus. " 

" Well won't you look at that, it's that face you gave her when she interrupted you from your thoughts. " He grinned. " And besides, why were you thinking so hard just now? I've noticed you've been like that since Tuesday. "

My eyes widened at the question, my cheeks stopped the chewing motion

Oh god, what should I tell him? Should I tell him the truth. I know I suck at lying oh Gosh I better think about what I'm going to say first-

" I saw what happened on Monday." I blurted, then covered my mouth in realisation. I heard a shifting motion behind me and a cold shiver run down my spine.

Fuck why did I just do that? I'm so dead I'm so dead I'm so dead I'm so dea-

" Ewwww you hypocrite, you spat your mouth gunk at me! You sounded like a chipmunk with nuts in its mouth trying to talk too-" He laughs but a hint of slight annoyance lingers in his voice.

" oh my god I'm so sorry- " I said helping him clean up,

" No it's fine I'll just head over to the bathroom to get cleaned up. The bell might ring at any moment so, don't wait for me if it does, I'll see you in class " He says, taking his stuff and running off to the nearest toilet.

Well that was a relief. Bless my un-womanly chewing habits-

"  Well wasn't that a close call. " I jumped as Ayano hugged me from behind. I could feel her grin stab me. " It was unintentional I swear- " I choked.
I could hear her breathing down my neck, making my blood hide in my cheeks and hair stand.

" Mhm sure, could you follow me for a bit? " She whispers, letting go of me, giving me a clearer look at her.

My eyes stared her, absorbing every bit of her figure and structure. But no, I wouldn't want to follow this gorgeous beast to wherever she wants to take me.
Wait did I just call her gorgeous beast? If anything she's just a wolf under sheeps' clothing.

" Uh I would love to but, class is about to begin- so bye! " I exclaimed, not wanting to do anything with her today, not even wanting to hear her reply and started running to the opposite direction. And suddenly, I felt my face slam against the wall next to the exit out to the lockers. A leg fitted perfectly between my thighs and my hair was pulled back.
A Hot and an angry breath filled my neck and ears,

" I told you already, I won't take no for an answer. " She growled huskily, placing her soft hands over my mouth and started dragging me towards her ' alone time'  room where I saw her lurking around before. Flashbacks settled in my brain as just the start of the week she was just stammering over how I caught her and her private room, and now she's all over my body dominating it like a wrestler.

"Argh!" I winced in pain as she threw me across the room. She slammed the door and grabbed the bat sneaking at the corner of the room,

" We had an agreement. " She licked her lips in anticipation, raising the bat.

" He didn't hear it Ayano! " I screamed, scrambling across the room to escape but to no avail as the wall stopped me from doing so.

" We'll discuss on what your punishment will be later. " She whispers softly. Her face darkens as her smile widens. And in a swift motion, she brought the bat down. I could hear my skull crack and my eyes rolling back. My body went limp, and everything began to fade to black. The last thing I could remember was Ayano dragging me towards some black box and a question flashing in my brain.

Punishment? Did she just say.. Punishment?!