"Now!" Esmeralda gave the command, shutting her eyes and moving her hands downwards and pressing them against his chest around the hole.

I could feel the power radiating off the witches around me, and when I looked up I noticed that Maximus felt it too. He was gripping Harry's hand tightly, watching the heart in Harry's chest anxiously for any signs of healing. Shutting my eyes, I tried to use whatever power I had in me to help as well, lacing my fingers with Harry and drawing out energy in a safe, not painful way. I snapped my eyes open when I heard a tiny gasp from Maximus after a few minutes, flicking my gaze to the hole in Harry's chest. My eyes widened when I saw Harry's skin from under Esmeralda's hands glow from around the wound.

"It's working," I said, with my mouth agape.

Little by little, we could physically see the heart moving in his chest as veins and arteries attached to it and moved it in place. I looked around to gaze at the witches, noticing all of their faces scrunched up in concentration, some of them wincing due to the amount of power they had to draw out. I almost felt guilty putting them through this, but the selfish part of me didn't care because Harry might be resurrected. Also, it was the least they could do since the council, Harry, Maximus, Jason and I are the ones who risk our lives to protect them. Harry already sacrificed his life to protect the coven and I.

"Oh my god," Maximus uttered in relief and slight fascination, blue eyes trained on the way the bones were growing back.

I quickly forced out more power of mine, wincing just a little at the pain that struck my abdomen. It wasn't a lot, just a throbbing pain. But it helped immensely because the bones grew back faster and skin on his chest began healing now. We watched as the skin grew back, concealing the hole in his chest. But the witches were tired now due to the amount of power they had to give out, so the skin didn't heal completely over his chest. It had a sheen of red and pink but it was good enough.

Esmeralda opened her eyes with a sharp inhale, pulling her hands back and breaking the connection as the job was done. I heard more gasps for air echo around me as the circle broke. There was a lot of work put into it by the witches even though it didn't seem like it. Esmeralda took a tiny break as Lakshmi gave her a potion she made to strengthen her. The witches in the previous circle broke apart and moved to the back as new witches came forwards and formed a circle. The previous witches created another circle behind the new witches and grasped onto the shoulders of the new witches, now only donating their power to these new witches in order for the resurrection to work because it was a power that required huge amounts of energy.

Atticus and Rowena moved to the side since they didn't have powers of resurrection, both of them engaged in a conversation with Esmeralda as I looked to Maximus. He was gazing down at Harry with a sad, but hopeful look in his eye. I reached over and grabbed his other hand that was resting on Harry's thigh, squeezing it and earning his gaze. I shot him a reassuring look, smiling tightly as an indication that the healing worked and that was hope because then the resurrection could work as well. I let his hand go when Rowena sat down beside him, smiling at him softly, causing his pained expression to disappear.

"We have to channel ourselves and give all our power," Atticus' voice brought me out of my thoughts, making me snap my head to the side and frown. He was sat beside me on the floor near Harry's body.

"Atticus, you could pass out," I said worriedly looking to Rowena who nodded solemnly.

"I can't let that happen to you," Maximus began to say anxiously, eyes frantically searching for Rowena's. She cupped his cheeks and pecked his lips reassuringly.

"It's okay, Max. Your brother is your priority now and I want to help bring him back. He's important to you, therefore he's important to me," she told him firmly, making him press his lips together and nod gratefully.