19| Adjusting

Adjusting: the ability to resist and fight through molecular powers.

apologies once again for the short update, also for this short chapter! The next one will make up for it 😚

Vote and comment 💖

Enjoy xx

t.m

🔮🔮🔮

H.S // 6 Man

I woke up to a dull throb in my head, as well as the feeling of a warm body curled against mine under white sheets. A soft groan escaped my lips when my eyes flickered open, feeling my vision go a bit blurry. Once it focused, my gaze settled on Sage whom was lying on her side, facing the wall with my arms wrapped around her torso, spooning her.

I thought back to yesterday's events, almost cursing out loud at myself for drinking so much. I was not pretending to be drunk so that I could put out the impression that Sage was the only one who could stop me from drinking, by using Max to deliver the message. No, that wasn't the plan at all. I genuinely did get drunk, thinking about the 3rd Supreme brought in a whole lot of resentful memories of my time in Spain.

It also reminded me of how I was lying to Sage this whole time, just like how Valentina lied to me the entire time while being with me. A pang of guilt hit my heart when I thought about what would happen when I reveal to Sage who I truly am. But then I immediately pushed the thought of that out of my head. Sage seriously didn't deserve any of the pain and misery that was to come later on. But what was I supposed to do? I couldn't abandon the mission; I was so close to fulfilling my duty as one of The Saviors.

A frustrated grunt escaped my lips at the thought, making me pull away from her immediately, rolling off the bed to sit at the edge. A whine of protest was emitted from Sage's throat, but she soon drifted away to sleep again, hugging her pillow to her chest. I located my phone, dialing Max's number before walking towards the balcony doors and swinging them open. Stepping out into the sunshine with squinted eyes, holding my phone up to my ear.

"Still piss drunk and crying for Sage?" Maximus finally answered after several rings.

"Shut the fuck up," I huffed.

"That's no way to speak to your big brother, Harry," Maximus chuckled as I groaned lightly, feeling my head throb again.

"Maximus, I'm falling for her," I blurted out without thinking, hearing him go silent on the other end.

"What?" Maximus hissed quietly, making me bite my lip.

"It's happening again Max. I-I can't control it," I stammered, feeling a mixture of emotions swirl inside of me. "It's just she's different! She's nothing like the other Supremes or witches I've ever met. She's nothing like Valentina-"

"Harry, you're gonna stop right there and calm the fuck down. You are going to control this and not let the situation spiral out of your hands, you hear me? –"

"But Max," I whispered, glancing over my shoulder to see if Sage was still asleep, and thankfully she was. "The more I spend time with her, the harder it is for me to control my feelings."

"God you sound like a fucking weakling."

"Shut up! You're supposed to be my brother and help me with this!"

"I am and I will okay? You just need to calm down and not panic about this right now," Maximus sighed harshly. "We'll talk about this when you get home, which is when exactly?"