Fix Me (Loveloverx request)

A/N (10/12/18) This is the rewritten version of my one shot fix me. I really only changed the end, so if you already read it, YOU DON'T HAVE TO READ IT ALL AGAIN.

I've decided to just take down the original version, since I did change so little. And it will make more sense when I write part two, if this is the one everyone goes by.

WARNING: emotional/verbal abuse, depictions of bullying and physical abuse, dark thoughts

Evan

  School. Or as I like to call it: hell on Earth.

  Don't get me wrong, school isn't all bad. I don't mind learning and I'm good in almost all my classes. That isn't the problem.

  The problem is the people.

  I've never really gotten along with everyone else, no matter how much I tried. Maybe it's the big glasses I've been cursed into wearing since I was six. Or my antisocial personality.

  I always thought I was nice enough, and pretty personable once you got to know me, but, here I am, junior in high school, and I only have two friends.

  They're another good part of school. They help keep me sane.

  Once middle school started, everything started to go downhill. At that point, I hadn't become friends with my current besties and I was all alone during the peak season of physical bullying.

  Heading up to middle school seemed to give my classmates more courage, and most didn't hesitate to take the teasing they sent my way up a notch. It started with shoving, which was pretty minor and something I pretty easily ignored. They didn't like my lack of reaction, so my bullies graduated to fist fights. Me, I'm not much of a fighter. I'm a pacifist down to my very core and I couldn't stand to fight back against any one of them, fearing they might get hurt.

  Pretty silly, I know. But I couldn't help it, this is just who I am.

  But in seventh grade, a little bit of luck was on my side. That's when Brett Simons moved to town. He was tall, cute, and an amazing soccer player; all the factors someone needed to become popular at my school. By some amazing miracle, though, he wanted to be friends with me. Brett was one hundred percent against bullying, having been bullied at his previous school, though I have no idea why. As I said, Brett was one hundred percent popular material.

  Brett really helped things out. If it weren't for him, I don't know if I would have made it through middle school. Although he couldn't stop all of my bullying, he was at my side nearly every second to help defend me. He was my savior.

  Then, high school happened. Me and Brett had little to no classes together. Now, along with my own freshman class, I had seniors to deal with. And the seniors did not play fair, not that anyone else did either...

  My next bit of luck comes in Sophomore year. Me and Brett have more classes together, but that's not all. Emily Sadinski transfers from the private school nearby to my school, and she just happens to be seated next to me in almost all of my classes.

  That's how I claim best friend number two.

  I think she could sense my gayness, and, for whatever reason, she would just love for me to be her very first gay best friend. Every girl needs one, she stated. To this day, I still don't know if she was joking or not. She was a little intimidating at first, but she was incredibly nice, and didn't pressure me with a thousand questions about the gay thing, seeing as I wasn't exactly "out" by then.