Calling Gertrude

The phone rang 4 times before Gertrude picked up. "Uh, hello? Can you wait a minute?", there was a loud bang that was followed by Gertrude's yelling before she came back to the phone, "Ok, I'm back. Hey, Johnny! What's up?"
  "What's going on?" Ghost was almost afraid for the answer.
  "Oh, nothing abnormal, Sally just tried to let Freddie into the house again and he ate Papa, no biggie!" Gertrude answered.
  "Do you need help?" Ghost asked nervously. He didn't really want to help, but he needed cash, so he figured maybe he could count that as work.
  "No, not all all! Everything's great here! Now, why was it you were calling?" Gertrude responded.
  "Oh, yeah...", Ghost had almost forgotten why he was calling, "I need some alone time tonight and, uh, I was wondering if you would want to take care of _____, you know, with her..."
  Gertrude interrupted. "I'd love to have her over! When can we expect her?"
    "Not sure, but soon. Can you not tell her it was me who wanted her to go? I don't want her to think down on me, and I know she'll have a much better time with you and Sally and Billy. I just want to make sure she's ok." Ghost requested.
  "Ok, but I think she'd want to stay with you the most. She loves you, you know. I can tell." Gertrude said.
  "I know she does." Ghost sighed, "That's why I'm afraid of hurting her."
  "Ok then, see you and _____ soon." Gertrude replied.
   "Thanks, Gertrude. I knew you'd do it. Bye." Ghost hung up.
  "Well, here you are," Toast said as he pulled into Ghost's driveway, "see you tomorrow."
  "See ya." Ghost said as he got out of the car. He hoped ____ would understand and he hoped Jimmy wouldn't bother him.