08

Chapter Playlist:

The Weeknd ft. Daft Punk - I Feel It Coming

Lorde - Green Light

Bebe Rexha - I Got You

Ariana's Pov

I glide my hands across the ten page paper i've worked tremendously hard on for the last couple of days. I breathe in and out before I begin, just like mom told me.

"It's not everyday people get to be valedictorian of their class and speak at graduation honey." I remember my mom telling me when I shared the news.

I've got this I thought and finally began my speech.

"Good morning graduates, families and friends. I'm here to talk about the class of 2020. This is our year and our time to put all of our hard work into a reality. I'm not saying everyone here in this field will be the next J.K Rowling or the next Steve Jobs, but I want all of you  to follow your passions and aspirations. You're dream, no matter how big is valid. No dream is too big because as I learned in my eight years being here, anything is possible."

I smile as I look up at the audience and see my mother and Ray give me a thumbs up, telling me to continue on.

"When I first got here I never thought I could accomplish so much in what feels like little time to me. I've met friends who I've learned valuable lessons from and friends who I will have for a lifetime."

I send a wink to Miley, who smile back in return.

"I, along with other graduates would like to thank those who have stuck by our sides throughout this whole college process. Loved ones, thank you so much for the incredible wisdom you have brought time and time again. Graduates thank you so much for being apart of my college journey. But at this moment our lives aren't over, they've only just begun. So cheers to the graduates of 2020 and thank you for making everything worthwhile!"

Suddenly I hear a roar of applause once I finish. I smile and wave mouthing "thank you" to the crowd.

When I stepped down from the podium and glance into the crowd again, I spot Justin clapping a few seats away from my parents.

My eyes widen for a second but I quickly walk past him to my seat alongside Miley.

He actually made it.

"Congratulations graduates!" the speakers booms into the mic as we all cheer and throw our hats into the air.

I grab miley's hand and rush towards my parents. "Mom!" I scream as she engulfs me in a tight hug.

"Oh honey your speech was wonderful, Ray couldn't stop crying." she said kissing me on the cheek.

"Stop it Joan. Let me hug my little girl!"

I giggle sliding out of moms grip and receive a bear hug from Ray.

"You did an amazing job sweetheart, I couldn't be more proud of you." he says.

I nod as he rubs my back and tear begin to fall onto his shoulder.

"Are you crying?" he asks and let's go to take a look at my face.

I roll my eyes and smile, wiping away the tears sliding down my cheeks. "No of course not!" I say trying to laugh but I was emotional.

"It's okay I know this is a milestone moment, my little girl is growing up so much!"

I nod again as I see him pick up a beautiful bouquet of deep violet hydrangeas and white tulips. Gasping I grab them and give Ray a kiss on the cheek.