03

Chapter Playlist:

Rihanna - #BBHMM

Tori Kelly - Nobody Love

Ariana's Pov

"How could you embarrass me like that?!" I shrieked at a smiling lively Miley. "What did I do?" she asks, mouth full of leftover chinese noodles. I punched her arm lightly, smiling down at her surprised face. "Don't act like you don't know," I went on tugging the ends of my hair just thinking back on the mortifying event before.

"Are you gay?" I ask pacing back and forth recalling Justin's bitter expression. "Really Miley? ARE YOU GAY!? I could've been contrived off by some 6 foot 10 bodyguard or something. The man looked at me with such disgust! I could've been killed!" I yelled now letting my anger out.

I stopped once I heard a light giggle.

I looked over to see Miley laughing at me with her hands over her mouth, trying to control herself. I shook my head, grabbing a couch pillow and throwing it at her playfully. "You suck," I said and stormed into my bedroom. "Thanks again love!" I heard before I slammed my door shut.

I walked towards my bed and laid down, staring up at my ceiling for minutes. All I could still think about were those caramel eyes. No, Ariana! He's way out of your league, I wouldn't be surprised if he was already taken and just told me he was single just to make me feel better. I rub my face and turn towards my door's entrance. Was I really that dreadful in appearance?

I get my butt out of bed and looked in my standing mirror, tilting my head to the left. I looked at the reflection back at me and really stared at myself.

I wasn't anything out of the ordinary at all. I was the same tanned, poop-eyed, petite, brunette I've always been since I was born.

Momma always told me "God always let's things grow until they're perfect. Some of us don't take as long as others."

I never really believed her since I was no where near perfect in the first place.

I do admit though that I'm not very ugly in the least, but I'm not drop dead gorgeous like Miley or that secretary.

I'm plain Ariana, nothing that good to look at. I sigh and retrace my steps back to my bed and cover the pillow over my head.

Why was life so complicated over this one guy?

Knock, Knock, Knock..

I groan in frustration and throw the pillow at any random place. Running to the door, I open it and there was Miley.

"What do you want?" I say with a skeptical look. She was always the one to pull these stupid pranks.

"Just wanted to say I'm sorry, and that you have work in like 20 minutes." she says looking at me with concern.

I instantly shot up, oh shit I forgot all about work! I thank her quickly and close the door in her face, running back to get dressed for my job. (aka hell on earth)

"Wait, how was the interview with Bieber like? Was he hot, there aren't many pictures of him and it's so difficult to meet up with him.

Was he nice?" I hear from behind the door, quickly putting on my uniform.

"He was really ho-" I stop myself before I lost it. "He was okay. I mean he was kinda cute but-"

"OH MY GOSH, YOU HAVE A CRUSH ON HIM! I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS!"

I look at the door with a mix of shock and frustration, I obviously didn't want anyone knowing my secret crush on Justin.

"No, Miley I don't. I think he's attractive, but I barely know the guy."