I know you

" Well, well, we'll if it isn't the asshole and skank that ruined my life." Eliza's hips swayed as she stalked silently towards us,people's eyes widening and mouth gaping open. As they remembered her, parting like the red sea around her, like the vicious parasite she is. Alex's jaw locked as his lip lifted up to a sneer and my eyes narrowed.

" You ruined your own life love."I hissed, my arms wrapping tighter around Alex. Should she lash out like the cat she was I would have him firmly on my grasp. Alex's eyes followed her ,unwavering as his hands curled up into fists.

" I was doing just fine until I meet you. Than my life went from having anything at a snap of the fingers to fighting my way to the top in a prison."Eliza snarled at us, when her eyes flared my grip tightened and we took a few steps back. She chuckled deeply to herself, it was amazing on how she looked like a tiger stalking its prey. Shoulder blades hunched up, legs coiled to pounce, eyes unwavering, smile charming, and certain of what she was after.

" You'd still have your old life had you left us alone. " Alex's voice was crisp, coarse, and sharp, the defection of strained anger.

" But than I wouldn't have my motive."She stopped right in front of me, had she had a tail it would be swinging back and forth, waiting. "You see Alexander, Thomas, sitting in a cold cell really gives you time to think and plot. What I came up with is that everyone has one true motive in life. Thomas, keeping your growing family safe and secure, in a nice little bubble that you can control, keep everyone safe. Became president would just be a plus to that motive, you would have have a better grasp on who and what entered your life and changed your family .Alexander,you get motivated through the fire that there's more you can accomplish, more you can do to climb and leave a mark on as much as you can, to secure your legacy. I know Burr's, I know Washington's, hell, I know Madison's. But, now more than ever, do I know my motives."

While she had talked she had slowly inched forward, feet being certain on where she was going and hands itching to reach up and wrap around my neck,keep my attention .Alex's body had frozen and eyes locked on Eliza. My body screaming at me to run, run far away and never look back. But if can't be that way.

" How'd you get out? " I asked, my voice firm and eyes looking at her hands at her sides.

" I had a little help. " She shrugged her shoulders and eyes teased."People would love to see you two get knocked down a few notches and I'm just the person who can pull the strings and push the buttons. Someone else is more qualified to do it than me, but he likes his games and waiting for it."Eliza's eyes studied Alex's face as she spoke, I slowly pushed Alex behind me and put myself between them. My lips opened and I spat a name.

" Aaron Burr. " My voice wavered and eyes where glowing with anger. A smile peeled back, splitting her face.

" Bingo bango." She smiled and I saw something flash in her eyes. Praise? Fear? Or the beginning of panic that I'm smarter than I looked. Her eyes meet mine and head cocked to the side ,without warning her hands locked around my neck, not harming me, but just sending nerve jolting up and down my spine, breath catching, and fear rise up in my eyes. Sirens were spinning behind me." I hope you remember this moment, the moment I let you live,let you two go. Because next time we come face to face, I will not let you go so easily. Next time, my hands wrapped around your neck will be harder and you will not be breathing. Remember this moment Thomas Jefferson. "

And with that she slipped into the crowd, disappearing like a ghost despite people trying to get away from her. Alex wrath is arms around me as I released a shuddering breath and felt my body relax.

" It's okay, she can't hurt us."Alex's voice soothed into my ear as the colors of blue and red danced in my vision.