Oh the joys

" I'm just saying Alex that maybe we're not ready for a kid."I said as we lounged on the couch, once again watching Thomas the train. Alex's head snapped to me and eyes widened. " We just got to the poltical postions we've been striving for all our lives and we've still got other things to worry about. "

" But Tom, we've meet with the child care protector of Philip, he's super nice and said we were a good fit for Philip. Hell, we meet to the .kid." Alex turned to me, eyes wide and knees tucked under him.

It was true, we had already meet Philip. Despite just being a few months old he had spunk, as soon as those golden eyes landed on me a smile spread across his face and started to hop around on his dippered bottom when he saw Alex. His full lips pealed back to show more teeth that had come in and more freckles that looked like someone took a marker to his face.His hair had gotten more curly and Alex immediately connected to the hip with Philip . Alex made little clucking cooing sounds, his voice going up two octaves and eyes sparkling.

Needles to say both Alex and I had melted for the child in just a little under an hour.

" Give him a chance."Alex gave me his damn pout and eyes widen, his lip trembled and faint spray of freckles on the bridge of his nose shaking. His arms wrapped around my sides and legs straddled my lap. " If we do get Philip, just give him a few months. We're making good money, we can sit comfortable, and we've wanted to do this for a while. " I sighed.

" Okay, okay, we'll give it a few months. But if things start going down hill, I'm sorry but we'll just have to get rid of him."I rubbed Alex's hair back and watched with amazement as Alex's face changed from a pleading one to one that said he knew how to get what he wanted. And boy did he. He just had to pull the right voice and look in his eyes and I was melted.

" Thank you sweetheart. " He reached up and kissed my cheek softly, eyes sparkling and glimering.

" Anything for you love. " I smiled and leaned into his touch.

Now came to today, the day that the agency called agency and said that Philip was ours, we just had to show a social services agent our home. But,has anyone ever told you how expensive it was preparing for a child you might not get to keep? As soon as we found out that Mrs. Whitworth, the agent, was coming out Alex shoved me out the door.

" We've got to start preparing now, we've got two houses and only only so much time." He closed the door behind himself and smiled up at me." and so much to get done. We've gotta go now."

"Alex, we've still got a full two weeks to prepare. Just breath and we'll be fine."I gave my signature charming smile and his steps faltered, a light blush scrawled across his face and he mutterd under his breath :

" Damn you and your attractive smile. " I threw my head back and laughed, taking his hand in mine. He looked up at me with a scowl that melted as I looked down at him.

" We're good people, we'll get Philip. We don't need to stress." I smile and opened a door from him to the store with cribs in the window. " The fact that you're so stressed right now shows you care."

Now, if you're wondering in why I'm bitching and moaning about the cost of preparing for a child in two houses, it will make sense that the bill was over three thousand dollars between cribs ,clothes, safety appliances,dippers , and many other things that Alex tossed at me that I had no idea what to do with.

Oh the joys of possible parenthood.

A/N: Yo I'm sill here! It's at school and my allergies are killing me!YAY!

Hope you enjoyed!

Have a good night and day!

-Ken