The tears of a Brother

I watched in horror as Pit and I fell for what seemed an eternity. Pit was in pain. "Let go Pit! You need to go back!" My voice was muffled by the wind. He didn't say anything, but looked at me. I knew what he wanted to say though. "No!" I yelled. I knew what he wanted to do. "Don't Pit! Stop!" I ran my throat dry. Tears were his answer. The remains of the Chaos kin were digging in my skin. I felt it squirm and crawl inside my me. That gut wrenching sensation. My head felt like bursting. I winced in pain, but that wasn't the problem. It all happened so fast, too fast.

I glance at Pit once more. He mouthed the phrase:

"See ya later, brother."

I could feel me being pulled away. "Pit! Don't leave me!" In one quick movement, and one blinding flash.

I was back on solid ground.

My hands quivered, I was gasping for air. Viridi ran for me. My mind blank. The Chaos Kin wasn't near me.

"Pitto! Are you alright?!" I did one shaky nod. Palutena joined in, "Where's Pit!" I bit my lip, smoke resonated from my wings. The sudden realization was evident on her face. Palutena took a few shaken steps back, repeating the same words, "No." 

My tunic was burnt, my wings felt like burning cinders. My ears rang out. I didn't know what to do. Was I lost? Palutena fell to her knees in dismay.

I couldn't handle it, actually. When could I? I stood up. "Pitto?" Palutena mumbled. I took off. My feet echoing in the soundless chasm. "Pitto! No!" I ignored Palutena. My legs were sore and weak, but I continued my sprint. I didn't stop as the cliff grew nearer. I pushed against the end and dove back into the almost netherland below. 

"PIT!" I shouted through the painful wind. My hands were at my side, my speed groing faster with each second.  the wind beating my side. "Come on! ANSWER ME!" I spread out me hands, slowing me down only for a fraction. 

"Answer me idiot. Don't save my life again then leave me." My wings reached out. Slowing me down. My fist felt like breaking. "I need you!" 

I fell about 15 minutes. Nothing. I said nothing. I soon enough, flew back up to Viridi and Palutena. My smoking wings screamed at me.

Palutena was left, there. Her hands were barren. Only a few seconds ago, she was cradling her angel. Viridi hands were trembling. I stayed silent. Palutena didn't say anything, but we knew. My ashened wings were limp. I hid my expression. "Dark Pit." Palutena's tone was too many emotions for me to try and understand. I heard pain, fear, and anger. 

"Yeah." I mumbled. "Did Pit say anything, when you were free falling?" Her voice was weak when she pronounced Pit. "No." I responded. She slowly nodded. "Alright." Viridi stopped shaking, "Let's go to Skyworld." I didn't say anything, not a single word after that.

Skyworld's glaring luminescence was too bright for my reddened eyes. I walked off, not saying anything to anyone. Once I entered my room, I locked the doors. 

I couldn't handle it. The emotions and thoughts exploding in my mind. 

I needed something to work in my mind, nothing. I was a hollowed out shell. Happiness was too foreign for me now. 

"My dark Pitty-Pat. You're too hard on yourself." Hades voice bellowed out inside me. I wanted to scream. He continued, "It wasn't your fault. That boy had to be the hero, it's his job. If someone's in danger, he'll act. That's what heroes do."

I clenched my fits, a new profound emotion took hold, and it didn't let go. Pure white hot, anger. It was too much. I unlocked my doors, and ran off. I passed Viridi, and Palutena. Both were worried. I ran. The door leading away was just in my reach.

I leaped, my wings closed. I fell, letting the wind whip against my face. 

But it didn't help.

The floor was nearing me. I opened my wings, the black feathers bloomed. I took off. A loud whistling enveloped my emotions. My wings stung, the pain was very much still evident.

But it didn't help.

I opened my hands, letting the wind crash against me. Hoping my worries will magically fade away.

But it didn't help.

My crown turned on. Viridi and Palutena both were yelling at me.
"Pitto!" The screamed. I ignored them. They continued to talk to me. With rage taken hold of my actions, I yank off my crown.

But it didn't help.

My eyes burned. My very being was a volcano. I tightened the grip on my crown. "Leave me alone!" With my brute force, I chucked the glinting holy metal across the open field.

But it didn't help.

Everything was different, the outside world seemed distant. 

Pit, angel of the Holy goddess of light, Palutena. An optimistic naive idiot. Always trying to find the other way to solve almost impossible questions. When I first met you, the first thing I thought to describe you was a 'thickheaded blind buffoon'. 

A loud ear-piercing scream took hold of me. It ran out my throat. It echoed through me. I could feel my heartbeat. My pulse quickened, it scorched my insides. I let everything out, all the emotions. Nothing sensible came to mind. 

My eyes were shut tight. I saw a hue of red. My throat clawed at me to stop. 

Once the screaming ended, I could barely breath. I looked below me, a lake. Even after, my blood boiled. My wings burned. I was gasping for air, sweat poured off me.

This was Pit's emotions and feeling.

"Idiot."

The world stopped moving. My umbra black wings went limp, I fell.

Idiot.

I closed my eyes. The wind hissed at my ear. My eyes snapped open. Long silky smooth cloaks of the night opened. They spread across the open air. Envy spread in my mind. I landed on the shore of the reflecting waters. My knees gave out.

I felt the grainy dirt beneath my fingers. My wings still burned. "Pit." I whispered. I glanced at the open waters.

His wings was still burning. He was in pain. He was alone. He was hurt. I left my brother in the Chaos vortex. I could've helped him. But did I? No. I was weak. I was the reason Pit sacrificed himself. It was me.

Anger recharged in me. But this time, not because of pit's stupidity. Because of me. I hate to say this, but Hades was right. I'll always be the side character.

I stood, kicking the dirt. All of this anger, I couldn't control it. All the hate, mustered in me, fuled me.

"Why!" I bellow. The birds flew away. Right now, it was only me and my mind.

"Why me! Why him!" I waited for an answer. Nothing, I was truly alone. "What would Pit do." My throat was haggard.

I walked closer to the open lake. I winced at the coldness of the water. I walked in. The bitterness biting at my legs. I opened my hands, flinching. The frigid water drove into my hand.

My wings settled in the lake. I wanted to scream. I heard a silent hiss when they made a connection. He was suffering. My wings weren't burnt because of Pit. He saved me in time.

"Pit" -I sighed-" Brother. I may not have known you for a while. But, I will definitely save you."

"Wait for me, I'm coming."