Who would have thought? *Aomine Daiki*

A/N
Hahahahaha so guess who's been feeling like shit and kinda wants to kill themselves?
*points to self* This guyyyyy
Yeah the past couple of weeks have sucked but I'm feeling a bit better so I'm updating now before I get to 100k reads, as right now we are super close which is absolutely insane
Okay that's enough of me talking. Let's get on with it

Reader's P.O.V

"I mean how can someone so cute be such an asshole?" Your friend whined at you, causing you to laugh. She had been pining over Aomine Daiki for far too long even though the whole school and their grandma knows he's the worst kind of guy.

What kind of guy is that? You ask. Well he's self obsessed, treats women poorly and just has a genuine bad attitude to everything.

"I told you to just forget about him, he's never been in a relationship and probably never will." Not that your friend was listening, she was too busy staring at her phone. Most likely stalking his instagram again.

The bell rang to signal the end of lunch and that the next class would be starting in five minutes. You said goodbye to your friend before heading to music, a class which you unfortunately shared with Aomine.

Why did he even take it? He never did anything in it and from what you could tell, he had no musical talent whatsoever.

It made the class almost unbearable for you, as you had a real passion for music and hoped to take it to uni with you.

Just 2 more years. You could deal with that.

You made it to class with a few minutes to spare. Well perhaps more than a few minutes, as the teacher wasn't even there yet. You just shrugged and made your way over to the upright piano near the back of the class.

It was quite old and had a few scratches in it, but the sound you get out of it is something else. It was something which you just don't get out of the newer pianos. No matter how expensive they are, it just doesn't beat the sound you get with age.

You began practicing the song you were writing for your assessment. It was a song of pain and frustration, one that held a lot of emotion. So you were understandably nervous about the time where you would need to perform it in front of the class.

"Sounds pretty good."

You jumped in fright and slammed your hands down on the keys, causing a piercing noise to come from the piano.

The culprit was none other than the insensitive jerk, Aomine Daiki.

"What do you want?" He just shrugged before sitting down on the stool next to you.

"Can't I just compliment you on your song? It's really good. What's it about?"

You tensed at his question before recovering your composure and shrugged. "Nothing in particular. Even if it was, it would be none of your business."

This caused him to stand up abruptly, and stalking out of the class.

What was his problem?

The class continued, each student simply focusing on their upcoming assessment. You had done as much on your song as you could before heading to one of the individual music rooms where your friend said she was waiting for you.

You were distracted by the sound of a guitar coming from one of the rooms.

"Didn't think anyone else was down here." You muttered to yourself, following the noise to the room furthest from the door.

The door was shut, but the ones down here had windows on them so you were able to look in and see who was in the rooms. To your surprise, Aomine was sitting in the room strumming on a guitar and looking contemplatively at a wall.

The chords he was playing sounded familiar, but it wasn't until he started singing that you realised where they were from.

"Wise men say

Only fools rush in

But I can't help

Falling in love with you."

He was singing your song.

You stood there for a few minutes just watching him play, until he looked up. His eyes locked onto yours for a split second, before he turned away in embarrassment.

"Aomine. That was really good." You said as you walked into the room. 

He simply shrugged, before beginning to softly strum the chords to your song again. He had this look on his face that you couldn't quite decipher, it was a mixture of happiness and contentment. 

Every so often, he would add a new chord into the mix improving it each time he went through. 

"You know, we could perform this together. The teacher did say that we could work in pairs or groups of 3 you know?" He once again just shrugged, continuing to strum. It was weird not having him constantly talking or attempting to hit on you or one of the other girls in your class.

Aomine reached the chord progression at the start of the song, but this time you started singing with him.

"Shall I stay?

Would it be a sin

If I can't help falling in love with you?

Like a river flows

Surely to the sea

Darling, so it goes

Some things are meant to be

Take my hand

Take my whole life, too

For I can't help falling in love with you."

The song ended and you kept your eyes locked on his, maybe he isn't as bad as he came across.

Who would have thought?

A/N

I feel like I need to write a diss track for myself about how terrible I am as an author. Sometimes I astound myself as to how often I think, "you know what? I should update. I bet it would make people happy." Then the laziness and fear sets in and I don't

Sorry if I'm boring you 

I'll try update again soon

Bye :)