Tough Day

Sonic POV.

“Do you really think that probation officer can keep Shadow from getting into his regular trouble?” Silver asked walking next to me.

“I don’t know.” I shook my head. We shuffled across the court yard together still sleepy from the morning drag. “Is Jet mad at me or something? He didn’t sit with us during math.”

“Yeah, he thinks you’re a traitor.” Silver smiled. Why was that anything to deliver with a smile?

“You don’t believe that do you?” I asked.

He shrugged, “Shadow didn’t seem to agree with you when you said ‘hi’ to him in class.”

“So then you don’t believe I’ve … ‘betray’ anything?”

He shook his head, “No.”

Gosh was that so hard to answer? Scourge stopped me just I was entering my building, Silver kept walking only picking up his pace to get away from Scourge.

“Hey Blue!” his hand thumped over my shoulder and spun me away from the door, “ever skip class before?”

“Uh no.” I tensed as his arm draped over my shoulders and he leaned half his weight on me forcing me further away from the doors.

“Well there’s a first time for everything.” He chuckled flashing his shark like teeth, “Gotta talk to ya kid.”

“W-well can’t it wait for after school, o-or maybe lunch?” I asked feeling my stomach tighten in a knot. How do I explain to my parents I skipped a class in school today to talk with a… ‘friend’!? What if I get caught? They’d be looking for me, the whole staff of the school and police! I’ll die if I skip class! My thoughts must have been spoken out loud with the sweat running from my forehead and face beat red.

“Hey they won’t miss you, I promise. You’re not that special to them.” Scourge said tapping out a cigarette and brought out a light. At least he wasn’t into humiliating me and making me light those nasty things for him… but still, skipping class! I don’t know what’s worse!

“Hey move it!” He growled kicking out his foot tripping someone who had been in a rush, and didn’t have time to stop and avoid his out stretched foot and landed right on his face.

“Oww.” A familiar voice grumbled. I glanced back to see who it was, and saw Jet picking himself off the floor.

“Hey! You can’t do that we had a truce remember?!” I growled at Scourge pulling away from him.

“We? You mean you and me, your little piddle farts don’t count.” He said waving to Jet as if he was trash left on the floor, “Now hurry up we need to jump the fence and get out of here before the bell rings, and it’s easier to spot us.”

Jet paid no mind to us, as he picked up his spilled papers from his book.