Chapter 26: Truth or dare!

Verily, those who believe and do righteous good deeds, and humble themselves before their Lord, they will be dwellers of Paradise to dwell therein forever.(11:11)

Chapter 26:
Truth or dare!

No matter how much broken you are,never surrender to that one who broke your wings. No matter how many tears you cry never bow down to that one person who hurt you. People get hurt, hearts do bleed,ties are cut, but that's not the end of the world you might feel nothing but emptiness in your world, at times you might even blame destiny for toying with your tattered mind and the never ending problems in your life,however remember that is praying for you. Someone somewhere will free you from the clutches of the tortuous destiny. Grief not,much light will come to your way too and one day all the broken pieces of your heart will be stitched by threads that heal. 

After writing her journal,Rima decided to take a nap. It was long since she knew the real taste of sleep and the dark circles around her eyes were enough proof that she needed sleep more than anything else. She left her baby with the new aunt and decided it was time to hit the bed. She was so sleepy and drowsy when her mom entered her room.

"Can you spare me a moment. We need to talk," she said.

Her words reminded her of her school days when she used to fail in the biology tests and her mom would say we need to talk.

She was tensed for a while and she sat upright hugging her knees. Okay,it had to do with serious stuff. Was her dad alright. A lot of questions propped in her mind. Her mom snapped her fingers breaking her from the bubble of thoughts.

"Two weeks have passed since your dad was discharged from the hospital. He wanted to thank Iqbal for his great heart and today we are all planning to dine with them here. Please inform Naila to tell them. And when you feel better please give me a hand in the kitchen. Samira is really tired,besides she is packing for her return journey." Her mom said smiling.

She sighed heavily as if some burden was removed from her shoulders but on hearing that the two families would dine together,she was brought back to her senses.
"What did I just hear?" She questioned herself jumping from the bed. All the sleep had vanished and she was very sobber.

"Wait. I am dreaming. I think this is not true. Dad's inviting THEM here. Whoa what a change I must say. Not bad Ree,isn't it?" The monologue continued.

"Ughh! Did I just call myself that awful name!?"she groaned.

The magic Iqbal was having had started its spell on her. She accepted herself the way he used to call her. Springing from bed,she helped her mom with cooking and the dishes. She baked a nice cake and the aroma was proof enough that the cake was incredible. She made spring rolls and cooked chicken tikka. Her mom prepared naans and ordered some Pakistani food from the nearby hotel. All set she went and groomed herself. Looking at the mirror she found herself smile sheepishly and a red tinge was all over her cheeks. She started blushing like a teenager and after pinning her hijab she went to check on the table.

***

"It's been long since we had such a gathering. I wish Sajid's parents were here today. Feel free. This is your house and make sure you are comfortable." Hassan welcomed his guests.

"Girls,let's go to my room." Rima said directing the girls to her room.

"Let's play truth or dare!" Suggested Khamisa.

"Um,that's really tough but okay!So who's in?" Naila added.

All girls sat in a circle spinning a bottle of soda.