Finally Done

I nervously pushed my glasses higher up on my nose.

"Uh... Guys do you really think I look okay?" I asked, tugging on my hair.

"Yes! And we did a pretty swell job too!" Sakiko beamed, as she looked me up and down.

"I never knew you owned anything like this before." Reiko smiled, adjusting my little flower crown.

My face reddened, "Yeah... My cousin got it for me for my last birthday."

Sakiko looked up. "Your cousin.... You mean Takeshi?"

Reiko reddened, and I nodded. "He visited us last year." I said, glancing over at Reiko, concerned.

"Hey, Reiko are you okay? Your face is all red." I took a closer look at Reiko, who just covered her face with her hand and turned away.

"Y-yes, I'm fine." Reiko's voice was muffled, as her hand was somewhat covering her mouth.

I shrugged and hugged her, "Great! Now let's go to that party."

Sakiko joined in our little hug. "Yes! And let's get there early so that a certain someone can meet her special date!" Sakiko smirked, as my face turned into a warm oven.

Reiko giggled, relieved to be out of the spotlight. "That's right, we better get going, or we won't be early."

I pulled out of the hug. "Okay, my mom should be rea-"

"MIYUKI! TELL YOU'RE FRIENDS THAT I CAN DROP ALL OF YOU OFF AT AMANO-KUN'S HOUSE FOR THE PARTY!" My mom shouted from downstairs.

"YEAH, WE'LL BE RIGHT DOWN!" I yelled back, walking over to the door, then turning to face my BFF's. "Are you guys coming or what?"

Reiko grinned. "Of course we are."

Sakiko walked up to me and linked her right arm with my left arm. "Let's go, and hopefully there will be cake!"

Reiko squeezed past us into the hallway, and started down the stairs. "Race you!"

Sakiko let go of my arm and followed her. "You're on!"

I smiled and walked after them. Even though we're first-years now, we still act like little kids, and play the same games we used to. I thought. But why not? After all, we won't be kids for very long. My smile turned into a grin, as I started after them. "Wait up!"

Sakiko stopped and stuck her tongue out. "Hurry up, slowpoke!"

I ran past her and made it to the ground floor, where Reiko and my mom were waiting.

"Okay girls, I spoke to your parents, and they said that you could have a sleepover after the party. Just to make sure, I'll be picking you up at 11 pm latest, but you all have my phone number if something happens before then." My mom started into her "mom speech", and I rolled my eyes.

Reiko and Sakiko linked arms and said together, "Of course, Mrs. Shimizu! We'll make sure there are no problems!"

My mom smiled. "It's good to know my little girl has such faithful friends." She patted my head, and in that moment I could have sworn there was a tinge of sadness in her voice. "Now let's go to that party!"

I smiled and ran to the door, Sakiko and Reiko on my heels. I opened it and walked the few steps over to our silver Cooper hatchback, and opened the door. Suddenly I felt something like a shiver cross my body, and I heard the twins halt behind me. This car... I'm only going away for a few hours, so why do I feel as though something huge is going to happen? Something... that might change me? Change my entire world? I shook my head, thinking it nothing more than anticipation, and let Sakiko and Reiko enter the car.

I closed their door and walked around to sit in the passenger seat and closed the door. "So.... finally going to a party!"

I saw Reiko nod through the mirror, and Sakiko grinned. My mom opened the door to the driver's seat and entered the car. "Ready girls?" Mom asked, looking each of us in the eyes. 

We all nodded enthusiastically, as she closed the door and started the engine. My first party.... I hope it'll be as fun as the twins say it'll be... and I'll be able to go over to Amano-san's house. I smiled as I wondered what he might be wearing. As the car rolled out of the driveway and made it's way over to his house, I couldn't help but feel, deep down, that something, something big, was going to happen. But I shrugged off that feeling, convincing myself that this was going to be a great night, and nothing was going to ruin it.

~Just a heads up, the next chapter might take me a while to think about, so I won't be updating very soon. The picture this time, is what Miyuki is wearing to go to the party~