The Cell

?????'s P.O.V

The food is horrible.

Served in small, broken bowls, the watery soup is, at best, cold and tasteless.

"Eat up." The guard growled, kicking the tray into the cell.

I crawled over to where I estimated the tray had stopped, the chains on my wrists and ankles making an awful, loud noise as they clanked and scraped the floor, whilst gently pulling against their bindings to the wall.

"C-Could you... loosen... these chains? They're a bit... t-tight." My voice was hoarse, as I hadn't used it since my failed break-out, just a few days ago.

The guard sneered, "Like hell! Just because you asked, I'll personally make them tighter." The guard opened the cell door, and I turned my head to face the direction of the noise. I heard the guard's footsteps, and flinched as he got closer.

Yes. Come on and hurry up. I held my hands up, towards the guard. He grabbed them roughly and the chains grunted as they closed on the already-limited space between them and my wrists.

"Now, then, we'll see who gets the last laugh." The guard said sarcastically, absolutely reveling in my unfortunate position.

I smirked. We will, won't we? I chuckled, my chuckle quickly evolving into a cough. "One day- You'll... be sorry..."

The guard thrust his face forward and snarled, his breath laced with whiskey.
"Go ahead. Make me."

After pausing for dramatic effect, his foot slammed into my face. With a plop, he spat into my soup, then swaggered over to the cell door. Squeaking mightily, it opened, and as the bastard walked out, it creaked shut, and it's heavy bolt slid into place.

From his newfound position of safety, he mumbled under his breath, "Little brat."

I then heard the loud complaints of the old wooden chair as he haughtily flopped onto it.

I tugged at the chains, halfheartedly looking for some sort of relief. Finding none, I retraced my scent back towards a corner of the cell. All the while thinking to myself. I suppose you'll be the only ones who'll see, won't you? As soon as it's ready... I'll make you sorry... ALL of you.

I reached for the wall and pretended it was the institute. One punch. For everything they did to me. Two. For everything they took from me. Three. For the older sister I never got to see...

I drowned my pain in the tears that flowed down my sunken cheeks. As I buried my head in the bruises disguised as my arms, I could feel the blood leaving permanent marks on my tapestry-like skin.

Crying... it won't help. It won't bring anyone back.

It never does.

But... it's the only thing I have left... the only thing left to remind me...

That because this isn't a dream...

I can't let them break me.