Chapter 15: Team 7

"Become your friend? Then why?" Naruto asked in perplexity.

"That is why... That is why, it is worth killing you," Sasuke answered nonchalantly.

"I don't quite get it, but you seem serious about killing me, don't you? Sasuke..." The blonde-haired ninja muttered, hoping his rival and friend didn't mean it.

Then all of a sudden, both of them head towards each other and collide their fists while the other attempts to kill him after learning about the Secrets of Mangekyou Sharingan. The dark-haired ninja throws a kunai knife at Naruto but ends up through the waters.

The blonde-haired ninja glanced behind his back and noticed a foot being kicked on him, which sent him flying across the river. But he managed to stand up on his feet.

"I said this before. But even you were waiting very anxiously for this, right? Neither Kakashi nor Sakura is here right now. There won't be anyone to stop things like last time. I'll say it once more. I'll kill you," Sasuke said, smirking triumphantly as he quickly made a few hand signs, indicating Chidori technique.

Naruto narrowed his eyes and uttered in the declaration when he performed his Shadow Clone jutsu. "Bastard... I'll beat you back to your old self!"

Once they were dashing again, they made an impact without stopping themselves to keep pushing forward. Though, they stumbled back on the waters rippling in tides because of their powers crashing.

Sasuke got up and kneeled down, whereas Naruto was laying down in the water and thought unhappily at how serious he was about killing him.

"Can you kill me calmly, Sasuke?" The blonde-haired ninja's sorrowful tears were streaming down in his face, much to the dark-haired ninja's amusement.

"Do you know, Naruto, that if you and your opponent are first-class ninjas, you can only read inside each other's minds when your fists meet? There is no need for words. You're naive, aren't you, Naruto?" Sasuke remarked and continued on. "How can you read my mind?!" He then rapidly uses Fireball Jutsu on him but misses it.

The blonde-haired ninja dodged his attack, yet he was immediately kicked off towards the waters. He was grabbed by his orange jumpsuit as he was being lifted up on his feet. He let Sasuke continue to beat him up as he coughed up blood."Regrettably, I decided you would be my rival! I didn't want to lose... Because I was called a loser, I thought that all the time. Even when we became team 7, I thought the same... Stubbornly continued to live, but... I always wanted to be like you. I aspired to be like you. Because of that, that time... I was truly glad you acknowledged me. Since those were the first words... But, our fists didn't have to meet for me to understand. From that time, we haven't spoken, we... It's not meaningless to me, you have become a close friend. But if you seriously want to kill me, maybe I thought I was your only willing friend..."

"It's too late now!! Naruto!" Sasuke smiled maliciously as he was about to hit him with his Chidori.

Meanwhile, Kakashi Hatake finds out about Sasuke's abandonment from Tsunade.

"So, only those five rookies went to get Sasuke..." Kakashi repeated in astonishment.

"There was no other choice, given the situation of the village," Tsunade stated.

"We've hit the necessary minimum," he mumbled sternly as he turned around, leaving the room. A few minutes later, he decides to summon his ninja dogs to fetch off Naruto and Sasuke's scent and thinks to himself. "I was naive... With that, it's possible for them to kill each other."

Elsewhere, Sasuke keeps beating Naruto up mercilessly, which he prepares to kill him in hopes that his death would be an acceptable price for his Sharingan to evolve into a Mangekyo Sharingan. After activating his cursed seal, he nearly struck his heart with his Chidori.