•two•

hold on to me, cause I'm a little unsteady

"Ethan! I'm gonna fall!"

"You're not gonna fall. Just jump off. I probably won't catch you, but if you hurt yourself I'll be ready to get help."

You let out a small laugh. You couldn't believe you let Ethan convince you to climb the tree in the first place-with your fear of any type of heights and lacking athletic abilities.

"Very funny," you replied, rolling your eyes. I'm not gonna get hurt. I'm not gonna get hurt. I'm not gonna-

You closed your eyes as you let yourself fall to the ground, somehow landing on your feet. Instant pain shot up your leg as you hit the ground. Ethan caught you before you could collapse completely.

"I knew you could do it!" he said cheerfully, smiling at you. He let you go when he thought you were fine, but you fell over anyway.

"Ow," you groaned, getting the point across that you couldn't stand.

"What's wrong?" Ethan asked, worry immediately taking over his once happy smile.

"I think I sprained my foot or something. I don't think I can walk," you replied, already feeling your foot swelling inside your shoe.

"Don't worry. I'll carry you back to the house," Ethan offered. He bent down to pick you up, but then stopped. "Is. . . that okay or would you rather me get your brother or someone?"

"No, it's fine," you replied. You slightly blushed thinking about how kind Ethan was. He offers to carry you and then makes sure it's okay with you, as to not make you uncomfortable.

He smiles and picks you up, gently carrying you through his backyard and to his house. When you got inside his mother immediately notices and makes you sit down and put your foot up.

"Thanks Ethan. I would say that if it wasn't for you I'd still be out there, but if it wasn't for you I wouldn't have climbed a tree in the first place," you said. Ethan chuckled and sat down next to you on the couch.

"I'm sorry and also you're welcome," he said, grinning like a proud child.

"You're a dork."

"But I'm your dork."

••••••••

:)

~Kat