He grabbed his coat and headed out in the frosty air all by himself, missing the person he wanted and needed most.

///

They arrived at the theatre and Kate went to get out when Josh grabbed her hand, "do you really want to go see this movie?" He smirked.

"Yeah...that's why we're here, isn't it?" Kate furrowed her brow and gently pulled away from Josh.

"I mean I guess." He gave a slight roll of his eyes and went out the door. Kate didn't know if she should wait and see if he was going to open her door for her, but he didn't so she shrugged to herself and hurried to catch up with him. When she did she felt his fingers slide into hers and she couldn't suppress a smile and a soft laugh. They headed into the theatre and Kate bumped into a figure causing her to pull away from Josh.

"Hey watch it buddy!" He said as he helped Kate recover.

"No, it's fine," Kate said, she then turned to face the figure she bumped into, "Rick? What are you doing here?" She became annoyed since the two of them were still in a quarrel.

"Kate! Sorry, I didn't-I-" Rick stumbled with his words.

"Yeah you didn't mean to Rickie, we get it." Josh said and wrapped his arm around Kate.

"I should go." He frowned.

"Yeah, you should." Kate added and too frowned when she saw Rick sulk his head and turn around. She hasn't been the happiest person since they fought, Rick was always the sun in her rain, and she missed him. But he was wrong to say what he thought was best for her. It wasn't his place.

As Kate and Josh walked into the theater Josh touched her butt as to help her up the steps. Once again Kate shook of the awkwardness, maybe he was just being polite and didn't even notice. But what if he did?

During the whole movie Josh's hand was on her thigh. It wasn't moving up but it was just there, that reassured her that he wasn't trying anything. The movie actually went well and Kate's head headed up laying on Josh's shoulder. As they walked out of the theatre this time Josh went ahead and opened the door for Kate. She thanked him and hopped in. Once Josh was seated next to her Kate went to look at him, "You know what's funny-" she was cut off by Josh's lips on hers. At first she was stunned but eventually she gave in and kissed him back. His hand once again went to her thigh where he gently massaged it with the pad of his thumb. Kate slightly pushed him back the minute his tongue went down her throat.

"Um-" she stuttered.

"Don't worry it'll be ok." Josh said leaning back in.

"Wait." Kate persisted.

"What?"

"It's getting late."

"It's only 9:30."

"Yeah, but-"

"And it's not a school night."

"I know, it's just-"

"Let's go in the back." He pushed.

"What?"

"Back there." He pointed.

"Why?" Kate was trying her best to steer from this oncoming situation.

"Because its more comfortable. More room."

"More room to do what?"

"To talk."

"You use your mouth to talk."