The Other Side of Him

Start from the beginning

"Hey Ivie." Adrian says with a tilt of his head, letting charm ooze from his voice.

"Hi Adrian." Ivie says, much less excited than Adrian, appearing not to care.

But on the inside, Ivie is fighting to make sure her heart isn't beating like crazy. She knows Adrian can hear it.

Although Ivie still doesn't know that Adrian isn't an Alpha werewolf.

"Are you ready to go?" Ivie surprises Adrian by asking. The only sign Adrian shows of his surprise is his eyebrow lifting.

Then Adrian stands up a little straighter and lets his mouth tilt up in a sincere smile.

"Yeah. Anytime." Adrian replies teasingly.

"Then let's go." Ivie says, raising her chin slightly to stare at Adrian a bit defiantly.

Adrian is always looking down at Ivie, but that's only because he's taller than her. It's not like he thinks he's better so they're not equal.

Adrian is 5 foot 10, just barely taller than Lucas and Mason. Adrian is proud of his height and the ability it gives him to look down on people.

One of Adrian's favorite things to do is intimidate others, and his height definitely allows that.

It also helps that Adrian has perfected the art of intimidation. It's basically required for his hunting job, but Adrian knew how to do it before.

Adrian holds out his arm for Ivie to take, but she walks right past him, ignoring his gentlemanly gesture.

Adrian just shakes his head and looks at her adoringly. He loves how stubborn Ivie is.

"Where are we going?" Ivie asks as she locks her front door with her polka dot key. Cute.

"Somewhere special. So do you mind walking? Or do I need to carry you?" Adrian asks with a suggestive hint in his voice. Adrian wouldn't mind carrying Ivie.

"I can walk." Ivie says, shooting him an indignant glare.

Adrian shrugs in response and grabs his basket, which Ivie hasn't noticed before.

Adrian doesn't bother offering his arm again. He just starts walking, assuming Ivie will follow. Fortunately for Adrian she does.

~*~

Ivie actually finds herself enjoying the crisp breeze of the night and the smooth sidewalk under her feet.

They left her neighborhood and took a path near the woods, and thankfully not in it. Ivie doesn't think she could've gone through the woods at night without freaking out.

Adrian takes Ivie to a hill that looks over the lake. It took no more than 40 minutes to walk there. Adrian had offered to carry Ivie so he could run there. It would've been much faster that way. But Ivie enjoyed the walk under the stars.

Adrian pulls out a nice fuzzy blue blanket to lay on the ground. It matches Ivie's eyes, as Adrian had thought it would.

Ivie's normal eyes are a light blue, much different than her bright green eyes that show up when vine girl is in control.

"That's a nice blanket. Are you sure you want to risk getting it dirty?" Ivie asks Adrian mockingly to make sure there's no awkward silence.

"For you, anything." Adrian says with a huge grin to show that he's joking, even though he's really not. Adrian's pretty sure that he'd do anything for Ivie. Even if she ends up rejecting him.