Buttons

AN: WONDERFUL READINGS EVERYONE!!
P.S. Sorry for the mistakes.

Walking into Lena's office, the first thing Kara notice is Lena siting on the couch against the wall with her head in her hands. I've never seen her look this... defeated. Kara slowly begins to walk toward Lena. Should I says something? Does she even realize I'm in here?
Shaking her head Kara speaks.

"Hey, Lena." She says hesitantly.

Looking up Lena's forest green eyes lock instantly to Kara's baby blues. Lena had thought about what she was going to do when Kara finally showed up. She waited, but time was going to slow so she drank, and started pacing around the office, but nothing really came to mind. She knows who Kara is, has for a while now, but she didn't feel like it was her place to bring it up. She knew Kara would tell her at some point but for some reason she couldn't wait anymore. She feels like she's gonna lose her mind over holding in her feelings about this and nobody needs another Luthor to lose their mind. With the recent attack she knew she had to tell her.

"Kara." Lena breathes, she gets up and moves to stand in front of Kara. She slowly brings her hands up to give her a hug. They melt into each other's arm without even realizing it. They're so comfortable with one another yet a simple secret seems to be a problem for the both of them.

Not just a secret, it's a piece of me. Kara thinks.

"Hey, Lena." Kara repeats. She smiles her gentle crooked smile and goes to adjust her glasses and grazes her eye. I never realized how much I move my glasses. Huffing she looks at Lena again. She's close to her she can feel the heat radiating off her body. "Look Lena, I have something to tell you..."

Lena stares into kara's eyes. I love her eyes.

"I know that I should've probably told you awhile ago... I just..."

She delicately places her hands on Kara's shoulders and rubs them down Kara's arms. I love her arms.

"I was nervous.... and this has been hard for me..."

She begins playing with the collar of Kara's shirt. Moving the flap back and forth between her index and middle finger. I love how soft her skin is.

"And... wait... what... what are you doing?" Kara finally notices Lena play with her shirt.

"I've always wondered if it was because I'm a Luthor." Lena's eyes start to water, she drags her hands down to the buttons of Kara's shirt. "I wondered if, maybe, it was because we weren't as close as I thought we were." She starts to slowly unbutton each button one by one. "But these last few months we've been spending time together. You've defended me against your family, we have lunch and coffee. We talk about everything and nothing." Tears slide down her cheeks, Kara lifts her hands to wipe them away. "So that means it's something else."

Once she hit the last button Kara hand freezes, standing stock still, barely even breathing. Lena gently exposes Supergirl's suit.

"Stronger Together." Lena whispers.

Kara sucks in a breath, " how...w...w... d...d..do... you know that?" She stutters out.

"I told you once that my brother has files on everything Superman." Lena answers as she traces the S with her finger. "When Supergirl popped up I decided that I should see what he knew about her. See if he had her identity or if there were any other things about her that I should know."

Kara just stares at Lena as she continues to take Kara's clothes off. Her shirt lands on the floor with a thump on the ground. She moves to Kara's jeans and starts to slide them down her legs.

"I found little to no information, was about to throw it away, so no one would try to get there hands on it, when I saw a picture of this blonde girl with glasses."

Lena takes a step back, looks Kara up and down, and smiles. Tears still streaming down her face.

"Turns out I already met this girl in my office once, she was standing right next to Superman. I had wondered if she knew who he was. I guess she did."

They just stand there in the middle of Lena's office. These two women, one ready to save the world and the other ready to change it. Both trying to make it a better place for everyone. Both having no idea what to do for themselves. For each other.

"Are you telling me you knew the whole time?" Kara finally speaks.

"Yes."

"And you didn't tell me."

"Ditto."

"...and your brother knows who I am?"

"Yes."

"..."

"..."

"What do we do now?" A breeze flows through the room, from the opened balcony doors, running along the Luthor and flies toward the Super, making her cape wave behind her.