Bets

AN: So I'm going to try writing this in third person because it'll be easier and I think better for the story.

"Lena Luthor."

Alex just stares at kara with a blank face. Out of all the people in the world Kara choose a Luthor why am I not surprised. Shaking her head, Alex let's out a small laughing huff. "Looks like I owe Maggie 20 dollars."

Stunned by Alex's response, Kara's jaw falls open in shock. "I thought.... you were so angry when I took her side the other day that I thought you wouldn't approve," She just stares at Alex trying to put all her thoughts together and it's making Kara's head spin. I'm so confused.

"Kara, it's because you took her side that I'm okay with it. When Maggie told me she thought the same I realized you really cared about her."

"Really?"

"Yes. Look... after we saw you getting so worked up about Lena being innocent, Maggie and I decided to do some detective work."

This made Kara a little nervous. "What do you mean detective work?"

"We... um ... may have hacked into her phone to look at her calendar to see what she does all day." She says nervously rubbing her neck.

"Alex!!!...I gotta say, that's pretty weird."

"I know, but I just wanted to see what all the fuss was about. Why did you all of a sudden think Lena was this great and innocent person that can do no wrong."

"She hasn't done anything bad, Alex! That's why I trust her. She's never lies to me, only that one time when she had to so that we can catch her mother, but every other time I've been with her she tells me the truth." Kara shakes her head while she stares at her hands. "And that's more than I can ever give her."

"Kara we know that you've been meeting her every other Thursday for coffee," Alex saids gently, grabbing her hands and forcing Kara to look at her. "Maggie told me to be ready because she knew the minute she put those cuffs on Lena that you had feelings for her."

"What.... I..... how though?" Kara says pleadingly.

"The why you look at her, Kara. You look at her like she's the sun that's giving you powers."

"She's the only one that can call me a hero and make me actually feel like one."

"Kara what you're feeling for her shouldn't be confusing, it should be refreshing." Alex begins to blush thinking about Maggie.

"It is, Alex, that's the point." Kara, smiling, jumps up and hovers off the ground. "She makes me feel like all the saving and helping people is worth it. She looks at me and I know that I can do anything."

"And you didn't feel that way before? I thought that was all a part of the 'Calling'," Alex questions while push kara's legs away from her face. I've never seen her like this. Alex thinks.

"The 'Calling' makes me feel like I have to save people, but Lena...she... she helps me feel grateful for saving them." Kara explains. "Alex you don't know how many times I wanted to tell her that I was Supergirl. Whenever we have coffee she asks about her. She knows that I have a connection with her and Lena always makes sure she's doing okay."

"Really?" Alex says surprised.

"Yes and every time I die a little inside knowing she cares about Supergirl and I can even tell her it's me."