Chapter 13 - Sweet Sweet Vengeance

WARNING: This chapter has detailed gore. You have been warned.
________________________________

Sally feels extremely delighted to see that shock and fear in Johnny's eyes.
She continued to advance towards him, watching in glee at every little shiver, every little twitch he makes. She watches as his face grows ever paler, and he even stumbled back a bit.
Another crash of thunder boomed throughout the house and Johnny jumped. Sally couldn't help but to smile.
She set down the teddy on the nearest chair and turned to see that Johnny had unfrozen and is dashing into his kitchen.
"What's wrong, Uncle Johnny?" She called, heading towards the kitchen to follow him. "I thought you liked playing games."
She can hear the sound of a drawer being pulled open sloppily with desperation, and then slamming shut.
He's getting a weapon. He is going to fight back.
This doesn't surprise Sally much; it's natural instinct for someone to defend themselves, but now she knows this game will be much more interesting. She wonders how it will turn out. No, it doesn't matter what happens in the end, as long as he is dead.
"Why are you running? Don't you want to play with me?" She questions sweetly, peeking into the kitchen to see that he is indeed wielding a knife in his trembling hands. It's large, bigger than her own knife, but she isn't scared.
Oh, no, she isn't scared anymore. No longer is she a scared, harmless little girl. She's now a furious, undead child. A girl with a taste for revenge, and that's exactly what she'll get.
She gripped her knife tighter as she approached him.
"S-Stay back!" He stuttered, his voice shaky with fear.
She smiles again. "Why?"
"Because! You s-shouldn't be here!"
"I shouldn't?" She questioned, taking another step forward.
He took another step backwards until his back hit the edge of the counter; he's at a dead end. And that's exactly where Sally wants him to be.
Boy, have the tables turned on him.
"No!" He exclaims, swallowing hard as perspiration forms on his forehead. "Y-You're not even alive! We buried you!"
"Did you?" She asked. She honestly doesn't remember being put into a coffin and getting buried. All she remembers was dying, waking up in the center of the park, and then walking along the streets for a few months. Months spent trying to find her home, suffering from memories and agony. But no, she doesn't need to think about that right now.
"Yes! This..." Johnny shook his head, as if in denial. "This isn't real!"
Then, he began to laugh. It's more forced than natural, as if it's to reassure him, and it had a bit of an unstable edge to it.
"This...This is just a nightmare, am I right?" He asked through his shaky laughter.
This is what Sally wants. To watch him break down in front of her before she ends his pitiful life.
"Or am I just imagining this?" He tested further, a twitching smile still on his lips. "This is all my imagination! I'm just tired and need to sleep!"
"Is it, now?" Sally asked, now standing at least three feet away from him. "Is this really your imagination?"
"Of course it is! How else can this be explained?" He rambled frantically. "Ha, you...you're dead! I killed you! You're not standing in front of me now, you're six feet under!"
Laughter slipped past his lips once more, and now Sally's becoming angry at those words that dripped with venom and a hint of madness.
"You...You know, Sal." Johnny spoke up again. "This...This is fun. Fun game. But you know who's gonna win? Again?"
That's when he lunged forward, not really what Sally expected him to do, so it took her by surprise.
She felt a strange pressure against her chest and the force of it caused her to stumble backwards, then fall onto the floor. She gasps at the sharp feeling, her eyes widening.
"I killed you once, I can kill you again!" He shouted down at her, now in another fit of laughter.
She glances down at herself in shock to see that the blade is embedded deep into her chest, only an inch of blade and the handle remaining outside her flesh. It was strange, seeing it there. She doesn't feel any pain, and she isn't dying.
She's not even bleeding. It's almost like she's lost all feeling, all the blood she had.
Sally looks up at him, but then Johnny's sanity-deprived giggling stopped when he noticed that Sally isn't affected by the attack.
She reaches to grab the handle, then began to try and pull it out, but it's stuck there pretty well. And then what he had done came to her understanding.
He...tried to kill her. Again.
How dare he?
Sally looked back up at him, furious now. How dare he try to hurt her again!?
She stood up, clenching her knife tightly, then began to walk towards Johnny again.
His eyes widened and he shook his head again.
"No! No! You're supposed to be dead!"
She smiled an eerie, yet sweet smile. "Too bad. Looks like I win this game, Uncle Johnny."
Now, she rushes at him, and she plunges her knife deep into his thigh. He cried out at the pain and automatically fell to his knees, so Sally yanks out the knife from his leg and began shoving the blade into his stomach over, and over, and over again. His arms reach out to grab hers, to push her away, but her inhuman strength kept her steady as she continued her attack relentlessly.
Finally, finally...she can hurt him. She can kill him. She can kill Uncle Johnny.
She paused her attack as he screamed in pure agony, but the scream soon turned to gurgles as blood rose in his throat and dripped from his mouth. He fell onto his back, revealing his stomach which is now a torn, bloody mess.
In that moment, Sally felt the horror of what she's doing, and she found herself paralyzed.
Johnny lifts his head to stare at her, breathing heavily. Then he turns his head to the side to cough up quite a large amount of blood before spitting words out at her. "You're fucking crazy! You-" he coughs again. "Y-You should have stayed dead, you little-!"
He didn't continue his insult as he struggles to push himself up, staring furiously into Sally's eyes, but then her own rage infiltrated her mind once more, reminding her the reason she's here, why she's doing this.
Before he could get up, she stands over him, and swings her arm downwards, stabbing deeply before making a long, large cut from the bottom of his ribcage to his abdomen.
Johnny couldn't even scream, and unconsciousness began to envelope his mind, but that comforting darkness was taken away when he felt small hands reach into his open torso and began to tear out his entrails.
He was battered by agony once again and he struggled to get away, but the attempts were weak and useless. The pain made it impossible for him to escape.
Sally kept grabbing and tugging, letting the tissue tear and the blood spill. She wants to make him suffer, she wants to make him feel himself tearing apart from the inside. She let her anger keep down the horror, and she let her hatred keep her going. She keeps pulling and tearing, grabbing whatever she could and ripped out handfuls of flesh. Blood poured from Johnny's mouth and his eyes began to roll back.
Sally should feel sick by seeing and feeling these organs and all of the blood, but she doesn't. Instead, she just has the desperately greedy need to make him feel more of this.
Johnny began to fade away again, but not before a hand reached up and under his ribcage, grabbing something large. The hand tries to yank it out, but it's rather strong. Sally grabs it with both of her hands and then rips it out with a sickening tearing sound.
It's a lung, and the tear reached all the way up into his air pipe and tore his throat, causing more blood to leak from his mouth. He can no longer breathe through the liquid in his throat, not to mention the fact that now one of his lungs are gone.
Sally pulled the organ out, dropping it on the floor, and then reached in to grab more. Then she felt something wet and warm thudding against her hand, and she instantly knew exactly what it is.
A sinister smile spread over her lips as she grabs tightly at the pounding muscle, which is pounding frantically to stay alive, and then tore it out.
The heart still throbbed in her hand as she held it, the blood pumping out of the torn arteries as the throbbing ceased.
Johnny stared at his own heart, which sat in Sally's blood-soaked hands. She smiles at him, which was the last thing he saw before the world around finally fell into an endless abyss.
The throbbing stopped, and blood continued to drip from the dead muscle. Then, she drops it and watches it fall onto the floor at her feet with a wet thud.
Now, Sally stares down at the mess before her; the body of her uncle, slathered in blood and wounds, his stomach is ripped wide open and his organs are spilled out beside him, a large puddle of blood beneath him.
For some odd reason, all the red and pink made her think of one of her favorite dresses that she used to wear all the time. It felt like forever since she had last seen it.
A bubble of laughter burst from Sally's lips as bloody tears filled her eyes. She clutched at her stomach as she giggled. It's almost as if she had trouble deciding whether to be laughing or crying.
Funny, how something so gruesome could remind her of something so petty.
She just killed her own flesh and blood. A piece of her family. And she killed him.
Then, she abruptly remembered that her father is still upstairs, and it made her laugh harder.
What will he do is he sees her? Worse, what will he do is he sees her covered in his brother's blood? What will he do when he finds the body of Johnny Williams?
Oh well, it doesn't matter now, right? Sally had her revenge, and now she's satisfied.
...Is she?
Her laughter died as she stared down at her uncle's slaughtered body. Does she feel satisfied?
Honestly, Sally doesn't know what she feels. Despair? No. Remorse? Definitely no. Anger? Not anymore.
Satisfaction?
She's...numb. She feels somehow disconnected, like she is no longer feeling the present; she's lost in time. She can't focus. She doesn't seem to feel anything at all.
Sally doesn't want to think about what she just did, she doesn't want to think about the body before her, or his blood that's spattered over her form.
Right now, Sally just wants to go back. Back to her neighborhood, and return to those other people who had helped her reach her goal.
Now that she thinks about it, she really does want to stick around them. Who else will accept her without questioning her rage, or her need to satisfy it?
It's not exactly a warm welcome, but after two long months of feeling alone and lost, the feeling of being accepted even in the slightest is beyond wonderful.
With them, Sally can allow herself to feel the things she feels, and they won't judge her demanding bloodlust, since they each have felt that powerful urge, too. Although she had just met them, she feels as if she...belongs.
She already somehow feels as if they're a part of her life.
But before she leaves, Sally wants to see her father, one last time...and she must be careful, because she doesn't want him to see her.
Sally turns her back on the body of her inanimate uncle and left the kitchen to find the teddy bear sitting on the floor, staring at her, as if it had been waiting for her. She picks it up, careful not to stain it with any blood and ruin it's beautiful fur, and then she headed towards the staircase.
Sally silently walked up the stairs and into the hallway. Other than the eerie creaking of the floorboards beneath her weight, it's quiet, very quiet. Then a flash of lightning, along with the pounding thunder, made her jump a bit as it pierced through the hallway.
Sally finds two doors at the top of the stairs. She went to the first one she saw, hoping it's where her father is. She opens the door, only for her eyes to widen in horror and stomach-twisting despair.
Hanging lifelessly from a rope wrapped around a hook above the doorway is her father.
Frank had hung himself, his neck obviously broken due to the odd angle his head is hanging. His eyes are open, but the eyelids are dropped, only barely revealing the dulled eyes as they stared down emptily at the floor, right at Sally's feet. The body swings softly from the draft of the opening door, his feet hanging a foot off of the ground, and a chair is knocked onto its side just behind him.
Sally's broken cry shattered the silence.
"Daddy!"