Epilogue

Looking back at her Hogwarts career, she never realized how easy she had it until her fifth year. That was the year Dumbledore was killed and when she found out her husband had become a Death Eater.

Life seemed to fall apart after that. No one returned the year after as the trio searched for horcruxes and others went into hiding. Grayson's whole sixth year turned to hell with Snape in charge and Voldemort back. She spent the whole year at Hogwarts, having no clue how her friends were or even how Draco was. When Ginny didn't return after spring break she was truly alone and found comfort in Neville and Seamus in the Room of Requirement. Everyone was in the fight together.

The Battle of Hogwarts was a brutal one, but Harry succeeded in ending Voldemort and all was peaceful, finally.

Her final year of Hogwarts was how it should have been- how it used to be before Umbridge and Dumbledore's death. It was all okay.

"Hey love." Draco interrupted her thoughts coming into the living room tossing his suit jacket onto the couch. He was later than usual and she could see the faint annoyance on his features.

"Hi." he took a seat besides her pecking her cheek lightly, "how was your day?" Grayson asked.

"It was fine." he responded pulling her into his lap, "when are we going to see your parents?"

"In an hour or so. Will yours be joining us?"

"Mhmm, my father will probably be running late though." she could clearly see the discomfort on his face talking about Lucius. Things weren't right between the two and she wasn't sure if they ever would be.

"That's fine. I'm gonna start getting ready."

He gave her a smile, "Alright love."

It had four years since Harry defeated Voldemort. Draco finally had his priorities right, sides figured out... but having Grayson made things better for him. She was the only stable thing he had in his life anymore, the only person who really knew him before the wizarding world went to hell- his world went to hell.

At one point last year she had almost left him. It was something that terrified him over anything, her being out of his life. The way she smiled and laughed always brought him joy and the feeling of comfort. It took a lot of change on Draco's part to convince her to stay- but when her emotions of the last few years finally caught up she just burst. Grayson harbored a lot of anger towards him for keeping secrets and for choosing Voldemort's side. It was hard having his wife on the other side but still needing to keep her safe. Being married to him put a target on her back, how she was left alone was a myth to most people.

-year prior-

Grayson flinched as Draco went to brush her hair back, "Love? What's wrong?" the last few days up to even weeks she had been off and it concerned him.

"Nothing."

"I can tell something's up.. I know you."

"I-I can't do this.." she tried pushing him away.

"D-do what?"

She didn't want to say it. Draco was so broken at times and he was finally starting to get better. The war took a major toll on him and she felt like repairing him would be impossible. Grayson was so scared and so fed up... "us."

He looked at her blankly, not understanding the words that came from her mouth. Until they started to sink in... "wh-what? N-no.." he turned pale immediately grabbing onto his wife's hands.

"Draco... I just... need time."

-present-

Draco decided to head up the stairs after his wife as he thought about those events. As he approached the bedroom she was already rummaging for a dress to wear.

He smiled, lucky to have this beautiful girl who was so full of life.

The past was behind them and they were together. A lot led up to this moment. Suffering, tears and happiness. But in the end two kids who were once forced together found love together.

Grayson turned to see him standing in the doorway with a loving look on his face... lives seem to have a purpose at times, and not during others. She was convinced her purpose was to help aid Harry Potter but almost as importantly- to love Draco Malfoy.

***
[oh god it's so crazy that this is over i hope you all liked it wow i'm pretty proud of this work and i'm so sorry if this last chapter sucked]
I wanna thank all of you for reading this is meant a lot <3
[also the next chapter has new story ideas;))]