Thirty

Two more days was all she had with Draco before his parents came home, and she had to leave. There weren't many times they separated they just found things to do together-

Like when they decided to go to Diagon Alley. Who knows whether or not that was a good idea but it sounded well at the time. Sure plenty of people recognized the Malfoy, but no one bothered. Grayson loved getting to walk the streets and through the shops with him at her side carefully watching over her.. Time at the manor was just as nice though, with empty rooms for her to adventure through and spending a lot of moments in Draco's bed. It was a sad awakening for either of them that they'd soon have to go different ways for awhile.

"Love, come here."

"I already am here." she joked seeing as she was sitting besides him, their shoulders touching.

"Well come closer." moving her onto his lap he was more content.

Draco felt nervous approaching this topic once more with her. Last time she insisted to spend the month or so apart. He despised that idea and it made his head swirl thinking about it; he couldn't quite wrap his mind around why she thought it was such a good thing.. His hand softly traced over a part of her revealed skin from her shirt, he could feel her shiver at his touch. Grayson could tell something of importance was on his mind with how much he was delaying talking about it.

"You okay?"

"Not really." their eyes met, "I mean we finally got married and now I have to lose you for the month. And you seem fine with it.."

"Draco... I'm not fine with it, I'll miss you too! But as much as I'd love to stay I have other things to do. But I'm sure the time will go my tremendously quick." having to argue with this boy at anytime was difficult but about their relationship was even worse. He was stubborn.

"So you're definitely going?"

"Mhmm."

"Even if I said no?"

"Sorry Malfoy." she softly kissed his cheek hoping to appease him, "but I'm sure there are other people who would love to get to see me."

"Not as much as me..."

"Oh come on, it'll make being reunited so much sweeter!" He rolled his eyes clearly annoyed. The rest of his summer would be him bored as all get out waiting for school at this rate. As much of a drag as Hogwarts was, seeing Grayson would make him go back. Except fifth year was most likely going to be hell with all the work, "you have me for a few more days make the most of it."

"I'm planning on it."

"You're dreading this aren't you?"

"Maybe.. I mean I know it sounds pretty stupid but I like having you with me."

"What do you think's gonna happen if I leave?" as usual she was good at picking up what was going through Draco's head. To her he was like an open book, especially when he was upset.

"I don't know."

"Well we're married so it's not like I could just forget about you." she chuckled shooting him a smile. He only nodded, "ah you're being difficult."

"Good thing you like me so much."

"Yeah good thing."

***

It was their final night together and Draco couldn't fall asleep. Grayson laid peacefully under the blankets at his side, her breathing soft. She looked angelic like that and he wished he could always remember exactly how she looked like this. Not a care in a world and not worrying like how he was now. Of course the blonde knew she meant no harm with approaching the rest of the summer, but for some reason it hurt more than expected knowing she'd be gone. He was beyond attached.

Moonlight streamed in through the sheer curtains on the windows. The full moon was bright and one could easily see the dark clouds drifting by in the night sky. He wanted to savor this and not fall asleep, because when he awoke she would have to leave. His own parents always seemed to be together and he wanted it to be that way between him and Grayson.

The ring on his left finger started to feel more like apart of him. At first it felt foreign but he'd always find himself staring at it, then looking to his wife's hand. It still seemed like nothing had changed between the two, he was glad for that...

Finally Draco wrapped his arms around the sleeping girl's waist, closing his own eyes inviting sleep to eventually overtake him.

***

"Do you have everything dear?" Narcissa asked her daughter in law. She adored the younger girl, thankful that her and her son ended up getting along so well. Grayson was a lovely young lady.

"Yes I do, I double checked."

"Perfect. I'll make sure to send everything to your house..." then she took Grayson into her arms hugging her, "I hope you enjoyed yourself."

"I did. We had a nice time."

"I'm so glad, but I'm sure Draco will be moping about now." she chuckled. Of course that was when Draco walked into the room, folding his arms.

"Mum really-"

"I'm just joking dear. I'll leave you two alone."

They just stood their unsure of where to start until Draco walked over to his wife and pulled her into a tight embrace. The two stayed like that for quite some time, holding one another close. Grayson could feel his steady heart beat as she rested her head on his chest and his normal scent of cologne and aftershave was intoxicating. Moments like these were ones she wanted to capture, knew she'd be missing, and made her regret her choice of leaving. But this new life she had, had so much new territory and it didn't quite feel like home.

But soon she'd be with the Weasley's and others where it would always be bright and the atmosphere much different from where she was now. Grayson could already imagine the immense amount of fun she'd be having with her best friend as she stood cradled in the arms of her love.

"So I'll see you soon.." she broke the silence and let go of the hug.

He nodded readjusting his black suit jacket, "mhmm." he hated feeling so frustrated towards her especially when this would be the last time they'd see each other for awhile. Draco just felt stuck.

Having to let her leave him felt like one of the hardest things he had to do in awhile. She gave him one final wave before the floo powder consumed her.