Twenty One

Life went on as usual for the students of Hogwarts. The next tournament task would not be for awhile so nobody had anything to talk about or look forwards to. For Grayson it felt like time was moving rather slowly at first. People she didn't even know were bringing her gifts, coming up to her asking how she was- it was driving her mad. It did die down after while and walking through the halls wasn't such a chore. The people who took it best were the teachers. They didn't baby her but said if she needed time to take it.

On the other hand was Draco, Ginny, Hermione- you name it, all her friends. It was like they were on her back about everything she did or anywhere she went. Being alone was practically impossible for the longest time due to the fear that Pansy could strike again. But Pansy Parkinson wouldn't be going near the Gryffindor student any time soon. Draco down to all the professors made sure she knew she was in the wrong. Grayson almost pitied her for the amount of detentions she received and how rude people were being towards her.

Of course the worst response was her parents. She had McGonagall tell them what had happened so she wouldn't have to- and the letters she received in return were heartbreaking. There was guilt knowing she wouldn't be seeing them until summer and they were freaking out back home.

By now it had been a month since the incident and the second task. It was nearing April which meant even nicer weather and the young girl was looking forwards to that. Even better was the Hogsmeade trip this weekend and the fact she could get away from the musty halls for a day. She loved Hogwarts, Grayson really did, but it was like she was suffocating due to everyone around her.

Interrupting the peace of the common room came Hermione bursting in followed by Harry and Ron, "I cannot believe this!"

"What is it?" Ginny asked. Her legs were resting on Grayson's, the two girls sitting on the same couch.

"This!! Look at this article that wretched Rita Skeeter has written on me! That witch Pansy Parkinson lied right to her and then had the guts to give me a copy!"

Hearing her name was never a pleasant feeling but now she had attacked one of her close friends too. Grayson knew this had to be Pansy trying to still get at her, "this is unbelievable, love potions?" they laughed knowing how false that was. And Hermione in a love triangle with Krum and Potter? Neither of them had real chances with her anyways..

"I know right! I really don't see how this is what she has time to publish. Aren't there better things going on?"

Ron shrugged, "apparently not. I mean it had been kinda dry lately."

"Still! How in merlin is she getting this information to start!?"

"Hermione it's no big deal try not to worry about it."

"No big deal? My reputation could be ruined!"

Harry had definitely dug himself into a hole on this one, "... well it's not who you are and people know that."

"It doesn't matter now especially with the whole of Slytherin laughing at me. Snape read the article aloud!"

Everyone did feel for Hermione, it wasn't fair that she was Rita's most recent target.. she knew Draco had potions with her which meant he definitely would have found that entertaining. As much as Grayson liked to think she was rubbing off on him, she wasn't, and she knew that.

***

The shelves of Honeydukes were lined with all their favorite sweets. From pink coconut ice, to nougats, toffee, chocolate wands, every flavor bean- any candy you could possibly imagine was in this crowded store. It smelled homey and rich, a place filled with a certain kind of joy to it. It was by far Grayson and Ginny's favorite place to visit.

"I definitely need pink coconut ice, salt water taffy and Honeydukes best chocolate." she said. The shimmering squared of pink ice were by far her favorite treat.

"I'm going for the licorice wands and crystallized pineapple- for now." the girls giggled at their indecisiveness. How could anyone possibly limit themselves here? If they could they'd be buying the whole store.

Grayson kept a hold onto Ginny's jacket so they wouldn't get separated amongst all the pushing and shoving to pay. They ended up with more sweets than expected but were perfectly fine with it... the fresh air was a relief from the stuffy inside. There was more room to move finally.

"You know, I haven't seen Ron, Hermione or Harry anywhere. I know for a fact they came." The redhead wondered,

"Hmm you're right. That's rather odd, they could just be at The Three Broomticks."

"Would you wanna go? We can relax with some butterbeer."

"Oh for sure."

It wasn't a far walk to the Inn, just down the road past three other houses. If anyone took their first right they'd be arriving at the Shrieking Shack. But going past that they arrived at the building and went inside. There was always a warm atmosphere and thankfully it wasn't very busy as the two girls took their seats by a window. Neither of them spotted the trio which made them even more confused as to where they went, but were interrupted as someone asked what they wanted to drink.

Two butterbeers were brought out to the two Hogwarts students. The foaming warm liquid tasted of butterscotch as it passed their lips. It was a delightful drink they always had to indulge in whenever they could..

"Grayson I say we run." Ginny's eyes widened as she watched a group of Slytherin's enter the room.

Having her back to the door she turned around to see Pansy with the group. Her heart stopped seeing Draco with them as well.

"Yeah.. back door?"

"Dang if only we weren't so recognizable we could try to conceal ourselves for a few seconds.."

"Why is he with her? Like it's in a group but still-"

"There's obviously a reason." They soon found out as the group approached them. Draco locked eyes with his fiancé and she could see how annoyed he was. If it was at her she didn't know why.

The two girls glared at the group with all their might, considering leaving before they had a chance to talk. She didn't want Pansy close to her.

Draco took a seat next to her and leaned in so no one could hear him talk, "Pansy wants to apologize and I tried to stop her but-"

"Tell her to get away from me."