Chapter 42

I made my way up to Pans room to get in the shower considering I didn't even have a bath room in my room. Normally I would use the lost boys restroom but not for showers. No way was I going to trust 15 teenage and below boys who were raised in the jungle by another teenage boy to knock before they enter.
When I reached the shower I immediately turned the knob all the way to the right to get the water as hot as it could go. I was still shaking, weather it was from being angry over my very rude awakening or how cold I was from the bucket of ice water that was dumped over my head remained a mystery even to me. I had just started to rinse the shampoo from my hair when I heard a knock on the door, and knowing it was Peter considering this was his room, sent a jolt of anger through me reminding me of this morning.
"What?!" I shouted angrily trying to make my voice raise over the water hitting the shower floor.
"Why are you in my shower?" Peter asked curiously.
"Seriously!? This couldn't have waited until after I was out if the shower!?" I yelled, quickly getting irritated at having to raise my voice loud enough to be heard through the closed door and the water.
"Fine, fine. I just came up here to tell you not to dress in anything nice. I laid out one if your tank tops and some sweat pants out here by the door" I heard him slowly walk away and started to wonder what in the world we were going to do today.
Once I had finished showering , dried off and gotten changed into the grey tank and black yoga pants with the pink waist band I decided to head on down to camp and see what Pan had in store for me. What ever it was I could tell by the tone of his voice earlier that it was something I was not going to enjoy.

Peters POV

Jenna came out to the clearing, her hair pulled back and wearing her sweats. She still had a scowl on her face I assume from this morning, and I smirk at her making her roll her eyes and look away to try and keep from smiling back herself which only made my grin widen.
"Alright what are we doing?" she asked, crossing her arms over her chest and pushing out her hip.
"You are going to be training today" I said wearing my usual smirk. her eyes widened and her mouth gaped.
"Training!? You mean like all that crap you make the lost boys do all the time while you sit on your butt and watch?!" I rolled my eyes at her.
"Yes the same training as the lost boys and I have done more than any one of them will do in their entire life times so my days of training are over and un needed. Now, you are going to do the same things that they had to do to condition themselves for this island... unless that is, you don't think you can meet the lost boys standards." I arched my brow at her challengingly and she arched hers to mock mine.
"Pah-lease" she said in a playful cocky tone, flipping her hair over her shoulder with her hand. "I could do better than ALL of those boys" she raised her voice so all the lost boys could here her challenge and they all crowded around now intrigued in seeing what she was actually capable of. A devious smirk spread across my face.
"Very well then. Let the games begin"

Jenna's POV.

I leaned all of my body weight onto the nearest tree panting heavily, my hair stuck to my forehead from sweat and my cloths felt like I had been running through a rain shower. I swear I had run around this entire island twice! I couldn't take it any longer I had to take a small break. No one was around and I was miles from camp, I just needed to breath!
"Getting tired?" Pan startled me appearing right next to the tree I was leaning on, cocking his brow at me. I wanted to say some kind of a smart remark back to him but I couldn't manage to do anything but pant heavily so I settled for glaring at him. I was starting to think I was never going to get my breath back.
"Just tell me if you need to quit Jen" He smiled at me and lifted his hand to caress my pink flushed face. I could see the pity in his eyes and it filled me with more determination so I shoved his hand away from my face and pushed myself up off the tree.
"I got this" I wheezed out through my heavy breathing. I took in one more deep breath and sprinted off once again. I could here Pan laughing behind me which only urged me to push myself harder, but no matter how much will I had to keep going I couldn't do anything about the burning in my lungs and I was sure that anytime now they were just going to collapse.
Peter continued to pop up every once in a while to check and make sure I wasn't taking any more breaks and finally I couldn't take it any longer.
"How much more?" I panted, resting my hands on my knees to try and catch my breath.
"You don't have to go any longer I already told you, it's just as long as you can take." I rolled my eyes at him.
"You know what I mean Pan. How long do the lost boys usually go when they're going through training?" I asked still breathing heavily. Slowly a devious smile spread across his face. uh oh. This can't be good.
"Well you see I give the lost boys the same standards. To run for as long as they possibly can before they had to quit and many of them have the physical strength to drive them forward however your stubbornness of which drives you forward is much greater than any of their physical abilities" his smirk widened "the longest a lost boy had made it was about.. hmm I don't know, 15 minutes ago." I glared at him harshly which only amused him farther.
"Why. wouldn't. you. tell. me. that!" I said angrily after each deep breath I took. He snickered at me.
"Because, the assignment was to go for as long as you could go and you kept going."
I looked up at him through the hair that had fallen down into my face.
"You. suck." I breathed out and he laughed at me.
"C'mon lets get back to camp so you can shower off and get some rest before tomorrow's training."
"Uggghhhh!!!!" I let out a much exaggerated groan at the thought of having to go through more of this tomorrow. "my legs feel like jello!" I dramatically collapsed to the ground.
"Can't. go. on." I whispered "I can see the light!" I said in a scratchy voice and then let out a small gasp before closing my eyes. when I barely cracked them open I see Peter standing over me raising his brow in an amused manner.
"Dramatic much?" he chuckled a little.
"This was my very long way of telling you that I'm not walking back to camp and you're going to have to use that weird little telepathic thing to get us back to camp." I said sounding very matter of fact.
"Not exactly how it works" he rolled his eyes at me "I can only 'teleport' myself, unless I have fairy dust with me which I don't."
"Welp, then you're just going to have to carry me." I lifted my arms up for him to grab onto and looked at him expectantly. Peter reached down and pulled me up by my hands and then quickly flung me up and draped me over his shoulder and began walking.
"Not exactly what I meant!" I grumbled blowing the dangling hair out of my eyes. Peter only laughed and continued to walk back to camp.

A/N: this is currently not edited on account of my shows are on! hahaha sorry I will go back and edit later so let me know what you think of it so far. comment, vote, ect.
Thanks for reading:)

~ A.J.