Part 14

"I do hope you two make it out there alive......"

That was his last sentence before I left. It was still running through my head.
Will we make it alive?
Or will we just be another one of Kira's victims.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I grabbed my motorcycle and headed off back to HQ. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I swing the door open, to see an asleep blondie with his head rested on the table.

"Mello" I called out in a soothing singing voice. (Don't know how to describe it) He shifted in his sleep, not waking up.
Damn you, Mello. Your neck is going to be a pain in the arse in the morning.
So I moved him into a sitting position with his head rolling back onto my shoulder. Sure would he'll if Matt or one of the guys could help. I grabbed him by his waist pulling him up, then walking him to the bedroom, setting him into the bed. As I was about to leave to let him sleep, I turned the lamp off by the bed but he ended up grabbing me and snuggling into my side, still asleep. I sighed. Guess I'll have to power though this.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was awoken by a violent shake from the shoulders.

"[Y/n]." A grumpy, tired voice called out.

"Mello." I called out to copy his actions. This he got annoyed by, shaking me more frequently.

"Listen, I know your up now. Get up. And get off me. Why are you in my bed?"

I released myself from his grip, to then turn around, ignoring his existence. He then began to poke my cheek. Annoyingly.

"Listen...Do you want to know what happened or not?" I snapped.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After telling him what happened, he then began to blush when telling him about the whole bed scenario. I just giggled and lent into his ear, breathing slightly.
"If your blushing cause you think I minded it. I didn't. I actually need to speak with you about our upcoming events."

"Upcoming events?"

" What you and Matty are planning."

His face of confusion was not wiped off.

"Speaking of upcoming events...I need to ask you to stay here."

"Nah ah...for you to go throw your life away while I stay here...you know awfully well that ain't my style, Blondie."

He glared at me, grabbed my wrists.

"I'm trying to save you, can't you see. Why are you so oblivious? Why are you so dumb?"

"I. Don't. Need. You. To. Save. Me. Mello." I spoke sternly. " I'm not going to stay here, while all the people I love are out there, risking their lives. While I sit here care-free. THAT'S NOT HOW IT WORKS. I AM IN THE MAFIA AS MUCH AS YOU, SO I GET AS MUCH AS A CHANCE TO CATCH KIRA, WHETHER YOU LIKE IT OR NOT!"

He looked shocked. I grabbed his cheeks.

"I'm not letting you die on me, Mello...I love you."

He grabbed my chin and pulled me into a long and loving kiss.

Why does Kira have to exist?
Why does death exist?
Why can't this moment last forever?
Those were the questions we both had in our minds

W
H
Y
?