Part 13

After waking up, i found myself hugging a pillow. Dang you Mello. It still smelled like him. That counts for something.

I got out of bed to find a complaining Mello, and Matt had to handle a hungover stressed Mello. Sucks to be you Matt. As i tried to escape from the headache-ridden Mello. But that damned red head full well saw me.

"Oh, [Y/n], your awake. finally. See your trying to get away. Come on Mello. Control your woman." Patting a glaring Mello on the back.

"Hey, i ain't no ones woman." 

I shouted while glaring at Matt. If looks could kill, Matt would sure be a corpse by now. 

" I'm an independent woman and i don't need no man." i sassily spoke.

"That's not how it was last night. You sure were clingy." 

Mello mumbled under his breath, hoping you didn't hear but you did as your amazing hearing didn't help him in this situation. All you did was look at him and said one sentence to shut him up,

"Oh look who could actually get their ass together and dress their fucking self's today" I spoke loudly, "I'm going out."

"Where?" 

"To do shit." I said back, with an aggressive tone radiating off my tongue.

I left on my motorbike to go to the SPK headquarters to go see the one and only, Near.

"NEAR? NEAR? WHERE ARE YOU, NATE RIVERS?"

As I spoke his real name, a small shadow appeared besides me.

"You called." He spoke lowly.

"I need you to answer a question."

He nooded.

"About the case. This new information we have retrieved, gives us time to make plans and those plans, made by Mello, have been definitely dangerous. Give me an idea about how likely you think he will survive?"

"Him, 11.5% chance. The both of you, even lower."

"You sure know how to calm a girl down" I said as I ruffled his soft, snowy hair, giggling at his unimpressed reaction.

"Hey, do you think we can catch Light." I said lightly, " no percentages, just your opinion. I like to know what you think, Near."

He looked up at me, like he had never heard those words of appreciation before, yet again said.

"I believe in my abilities and that means most definently we will catch Kira. Catch Light Yagami."
He spoke in his same old monotone voice, yet it was somehow filled with determination.

Then he spoke again.
"I do hope you two make it out there alive....."