Astrid and Hiccup greeted Eret as well when they saw Ruffnut saunter into the room like she had no care in the world, followed by Snotlout and Tuffnut who were supporting each other.

"I'm not even surprised by that." Astrid stated as she gave Ruffnut a wave which was cheerfully returned.

The Vikings looked better than the nobles since they were used to heavy drinking and they were congratulating Gobber on a good performance. Geir and Froda were some of the last to enter and once everybody was present Astrid indicated for the doors to the room to be closed.

"Greetings all!" Astrid said in a normal tone but almost everyone still cringed. "This won't do at all." Astrid stated before using her magic to make everyone feel better. The room immediately brightened up as their headaches disappeared.

"Greetings all!" Astrid said again and those in attendance bowed to her. "I know we should be having a meeting to discuss the recent threat but another urgent matter has to be dealt with first."

Her statement caused whispers to flow around the room as the nobles started speculating.

"Now would Chief Geir and his wife please come forward and sit. This involves you and I would like this matter settled."

Geir looked to Froda who was staring in shock that they were being called. They proceeded to the front and sat in the chairs facing Astrid.

Astrid rested her head against her palm and looked at the couple. "Now yesterday some serious accusations have been levied against you. Two counts of attempted murder with the victims being Stoick and Valka Haddock. What say you in defense?"

Shocked gasps spread through the crowd as they all looked to the Viking chief and his wife who had gone deathly pale.

"It's a lie!!" Geir shouted as he angrily stood up. "It's a lie I tell you!!"

"Chief Geir sit down." Astrid said in a low voice. Reluctantly Geir took his seat but he was now angrily glaring. "The fact is that you had the most to gain from their deaths."

"Wait how do we know that it isn't the plague!" Geir shouted as he remembered what his wife said last night.

"There is no possible way that it could have been the plague. The plague is magical and the shield keeps anyone that has it out, we have been taking in many people along our borders who are not sick and our patrol will give an account that it does not let people pass who have the sickness. Your parents could not have entered this country if they had the plague. That is after all one of the reasons you are all here."

That shut Geir up and Froda looked at the Queen in astonishment. She had miscalculated. 'She had to salvage what she could of the situation' she thought as she looked at her husband. Tears began to well in her eyes and then she said "You brought your parents a pitcher of ale, did you really poison them?! How could you?!!"

Geir gaped at his wife as he heard the people around her sympathize as she sobbed.

Hiccup however just smirked. "My wife never mentioned that they were poisoned." Hiccup stated as Froda's head shot up. "She also did not say that ale was used to poison the victims. So you can stop crying and answer how you knew that."

"I.......I........" Froda stammered as she looked around wildly. "It is obvious right!!" She then shouted. "What other way would there have been?"

"Let's see" Astrid said in amusement from upon her throne, "There is stabbing, strangling, drowning........need I go on?"

"Well Geir, it looks like your wife wants to throw you under the cart." Hiccup said to his brother.

"No No NO!!!" Geir shouted as he banged his fists on the arm rests. "She was the one who came up with the idea!! She was the one who poisoned them!! She wanted a life of luxury!!"

"Shut up!" Froda angrily yelled to her husband. "They can't prove anything!!"

Froda then turned to Astrid. "It's true isn't it your Highness. You have no proof."

"Now that is where you are wrong." Astrid said and indicated for the side doors to open and in came Pavo, who handed her a vial, followed by Stoick and Valka, who were poison free now thanks to Fishlegs, and of course Gobber. Froda blanched when she recognized the vial and then glared at the boy.

"Your son brought this to us. He took it out of your chambers." Astrid stated. "Funny that this vial contained the exact poison which was purged from your parents in law. You poisoned them, with the knowledge of your husband, so that they would step down and make him Chief and status and riches were then yours for the taking."

"You know love." Hiccup said as he looked pensive. "I don't think that was her entire plan."

"I happen to agree. Such power hungry types are never satisfied with what they have." Astrid stated as she looked Froda straight in the eye. "You first set your eyes on Hiccup, eldest and in the position to become Chief, but you could not manipulate him how you wanted. He in fact had a brain, so you targeted his younger brother."

"Hey!!" Geir yelled in indignation.

Froda growled but Astrid paid it no mind as she continued with her theory. "Once married to Geir, you set your sights on the Chiefdom by poisoning his parents to make it look like age and illness were taking its toll. Now your husband was made Chief but that wasn't enough for you was it? You planned to eliminate him as well."

"What!!" Geir shouted as he looked to his fuming wife.

"It's simple actually. Kill your husband, making it look like an accident or illness, and then act the grieving widowed mother who would act as regent until her child came of age."

The entire hall had grown deadly quiet as they listened to the queen. What they did not expect was Froda's reaction. She pulled a dagger from her wrist and with a war cry lunged for Astrid.