Chapter 4- Colossal battle

Chapter 4-Colossal Battle

"Where's Charlie?" I asked my mother friday night. Candace was over and we stopped to say hello to my mom.

"He said he was going to go out with friends this weekend" She yawned as she climbed the stairs.

"Mom Candace and I are going to go out...is that alright?"

"Sure thing sweetie. I was just going to go to bed. Have fun." She smiled walking up the stairs. Once I heard her room shut I turned to Candace.

"Okay girl. Let's get you into some...form fitting clothes."

"What's wrong with what I'm wearing?" I asked taking in my dirty, baggy, blue jeans and dirty shirt from training.

"It's a little...honey I'm going to be honest. You don't look attractive right now. Just let me help you." She laughed.

"Okay..." I said hesitantly. We went up to my room where she rummaged through my closet.

"Girl...we need some tight fitting jeans. No bagginess." She said frustrated.

"There's a box in the back..." I suggested. I don't know about wearing tight jeans. It shows too much...opens up to touching ideas...skin tight clothes leads to sometimes...very bad things.

Like sexually touching...

I shivered at the thought of thinking of my fathers big clammy hands all over me.

"Here put these on and a sweater." She said tossing me fresh clothes and clean converse. I went in the bathroom shoving on the tight ripped black jeans and the grey zip up hoodie. I shoved on the white converse and stepped out.

"Now...let's, let this gorgeous hair down." She said taking out my ponytail. I felt my long hair touch the curve of my back and she fluffed it out.

"You have such amazing hair. I'm jealous." She laughed.

"Uhh...Candace, where are we exactly going?" I asked.

"A...little party."

"How little?"

"Big." She shrugged opening the door and gesturing me out. I followed out hesitantly.

"I'm not sure...Candace I don't do well in front of big crowds."

"Are you kidding!? Vana I saw you talking to the super hot Ashton Carter. If you can talk to him you can talk to anyone."

"When did you see that?"

"Everyone saw it when you two were walking home. Vana this town is very small. Things like that turns into very juicy gossip for us."

"Wow." I said suprised.

"Yes wow...and be careful. Macy thinks that she has Ashton in her pocket...but really she doesn't. No one knows who he really likes...but it's someone." She smirked shoving my shoulder winking rapidly at me.

"Me? No..." I said opening the front door and shutting it behind us.

"Vana...you're new super cute, nice and awesome, and I have only known you for five days. Imagine what he thinks!" She exclaimed as we walked down the quiet dark road.

"Well...he is cute." I said sheepishly.

"There you go. Vana there is something  special about this town. When a guy likes you...things happen." She grinned. She was hiding something behind that grin.

"What do you mean...things happen?" I asked curiously.

"Things happen...You'll find out soon enough. Depends who you hang out with or who is your boyfriend...or girlfriend if you float that way."

"No I am as straight as a ruler." I said.

"Me too." She laughed. We cut into the forest and we heard yelling and laughing.

"We're here." She grinned again. We came to an opening where a fire was lit. People were getting drunk, making out, doing stupid stuff and...I guess just having a good time.

"Come on it's almost time." She took my hand and dragged me into a different part of the forest. People began screaming loudly and laughing and running with us.

I began to feel overwhelmed.

What was going on? A fight? I never went to a party before but from hearing about them I don't think they are like this. We came to another and larger opening and literally every kid from Mount Carmel High was present; smiling, grinning or whatever. They were staring up at the sky.

It was a full moon...

As the clouds moved from the moon,howls of laughter came. I spotted Ashton's large stance from over on the side. He was glaring at me. Only me. Like he was seeing right through me.

All of a sudden...people began shifting.

Literally shifting. I heard bones cracking, fur growing, laughing and growling.

I was surrounded by creatures. Large dog like wolves that stood on their two hind legs, they had hands the size of my face, bright amber fire eyes, their ears were twice the size of mine. I saw other brightly vibrant people. Purple and crystal blue eyes, with white sharp teeth,and large sharp cat like claws, another group with fire and lightning bolts seeping from their hands.

I was surrounded in a large fantasy battle. I looked next to me and Candace had changed into a pointy eared-winged, pale creature. She grinned at me and everyone went off,different creatures thrashing and clashing at each other. Growling and hissing and snarling.

I stepped back suddenly frightened of what was happening in front of me.

In a flash I was gone back at the fire, alone. I gasped and looked around my auburn red-ish hair whipping around as I thrashed my head back and forth to figure out how I got here so fast.

"What are you doing here?" Ashton growled coming right in my face. I jumped back scared at his sudden appearence.

"I-I...came here with C-Candace." I said shocked, his dark eyes pierced right through my blue ones.

"Sorry...its just...it's not safe for you to be out here alone. You should go home." He said helping me up. I put my small hand in his as he lifted me off the ground.

"Is anyone home?" He asked.

"My mom is sleeping."

"Well maybe you should come with me. The vam-I mean they may follow you home."

"Oh...uh okay." I nodded. He walked ahead of me and I followed behind.