Realizations // Prologue

Hello, everybody! Welcome to one of my first books in ages, I can never keep update schedules but I'll try my hardest. I hope you enjoy this first little chapter thing and feel free to give me tips and criticism, thanks!

   Edd, Matt, and Tom all sat in an open clearing together, their favorite beverages in hand. Matt was rambling to Tom about how nice his hair and practically all of him looked today. Edd sat little ways away from the two, sitting silently letting the wind blow past his face, he held his can of cola to his face taking a swig. He smiled and stared up at the beautiful sunset admiring every aspect.

   "Edd, shouldn't we get going now?"

   Edd shifted his gaze to his right, Tom stood there looking down at the sitting male with his lack of eyes. Edd just stared, he didn't utter a word. Tom's hair was decorated with all sorts of flowers; blue, purple, red, white and green. He figured this was Matt's doing as Matt stood behind Tom with his hair done up the same. Tom waved a hand in front of Edd, in hopes of gaining his attention.

   "Hello...? Earth to Edd." 

   Edd snapped back into the reality and his cheeks flushed with a light pink tint. "Oh? Right..! Yes, let's get going.."

   Tom put his hand out for Edd to grab, he accepted it right away. Tom pulled up the green clad man from the ground and nodded. The three males made their way back to the red vehicle that had been parked on the side of the road a few hours back. Edd opened the driver's door and climbed inside while Tom had opened the left door to sit in the passenger's seat and Matt had chosen to sit in the backseat. Edd started the car making Tom flinch from the roar of the engine, Edd chuckled and Tom just rolled his eyes leaning back and looking through the window. Edd smiled and drove home.

///

   Matt burst through the front door of the three males' house with a huge smile plastered on his face, he ran into the kitchen. Edd and Tom walked through the front door laughing at Matt's actions, all boys agreed to watch a movie before bed. Tom had suggested the newest 'Attack of the Insane Zombie Pirates from Hell' Tom dove onto the sofa and sat criss-cross with a bottle of Vodka in his lap, of course, the brand being 'Smirnoff'

  Matt returned from the kitchen with a huge bowl of popcorn in the crook of his arm, a chilled can of cola in his left hand and a cold glass of milk in his right. "Are we ready for a movie night?!" Matt asked excitedly.

   "Yep, seems like it," Edd replied snatching the cola from Matt's grasp.

   Matt set the popcorn down on the coffee table in front of the three males and took a seat, he brought his knees to his chest and waited for Edd.

   "Alright, so it was the fourth one, correct?" Edd asked turning his head in Tom's direction whilst grabbing the remote from the tiny little slot in-between the couch cushions.

   Tom nodded due to being unable to speak from the handful of popcorn he had previously stuffed into his mouth. Edd searched through the movies until he landed on the particular movie they had chosen beforehand and selected it, he was just about to press play until Tom blurted out.

   "Hold on, bathroom." 

   Edd groaned and slouched in his seat on the sofa, staring straight at the T.V. screen with his hazel orbs.

   "Hey Edd, can I ask you something?" Matt asked.

   "Go right ahead," Edd said.

   "Well, recently I have... noticed something about you," Matt paused as if trying to search for the right words in his mind. "You seem to be getting quite close to Tom, don't you think? Like.. in a romantic kind of way or something.."

   Edd's eyes widened and his face turned a bright red, almost as red as the sofa. Edd covered his face in his hands and spoke, his words coming out muffled but still understandable. "Really..?! Was it that obvious..?" 

   Matt nodded and grinned. "It's okay though, I think It's cute."

   Edd's face flushed an even darker shade of red if even possible. Tom had walked back into the livingroom and sat down on the couch, completely oblivious to the red on his best friend's face.

   "Alright, I'm ready now, Edd."

   Edd nodded and grabbed the remote from the table and pressed play, the movie started with an epic intro making all three boys jump, Edd leaned into Tom and practically stayed in that position for a couple minutes, Tom not seeming to mind. A knock sounded from the door and Edd paused the movie.

   "I'll get it."

///

Jesus, such a short and confusing beginning, I'm sorry mah friends.

-Comma