Four Years Later

It is not even dawn and yet I still have duties to take care of. My parents the Queen and King of Vampyres, do anything they can to keep me busy.

I get up at four thirty in the morning and take a quick bath with my rose and vanilla oils, that my maids set up for me everyday.

I have to run the track for an hour, I have princess etiquette for forty five minutes, royal studies, and training with the martial arts which I am pretty good at, and more.

My whole day is booked from five in the morning till eight at night. It's a royal pain, in my royal arse . I don't even manage to get five minutes to my self.

At moments like this I think back to four years ago to the beautiful boy with wheat hair and crystal blue eyes. I cant seem to remember his name though its on the tip of my tongue.

Sneaking out of the castle has been nearly impossible since then. They keep me under lock and key most of the time, I am their only heir after all.

Not to mention how many guards are stationed around the castle since the battle with the Werewolves a year ago. The Blackthorns the royal family of Werewolves. Of course they lost, but we were kind enough to only ask for a treaty and a few pieces of land in compensation for the lives we lost, including my dear great x4 grandmother. A decently fair deal if you ask me, if it were up to me I would have taken it all. My grandma was very dear to me, and they did start the fight after all.

But besides that tonight I plan on sneaking out again. I have to see the beautiful boy again. No doubt a man by now.

I NEED this. I'm becoming claustrophobic, these castle walls are closing in on me. I can't breathe or think properly. All these rules I have to follow, the gossip, the lies, and deceit that comes with being a royal. Not to mention all of the duties I'll have to take care of once I'm queen. Which won't be long considering I will be eighteen in less than a week. Most Royals are crowned a week after their eighteenth birthdays.

So this is for me not my family not for the kingdom not for anything or anybody but me. Selfish is what I get to be tonight not a royal princess. I'm going to initiate my plan at midnight when everyone's asleep. And the guards are being lazier then normal. But they still have really attentive hearing (they are vampires after all.)

And I know what your thinking, "midnight what?? Isn't every vampyre awake then?" "Aren't Vampyres nocturnal?" No you are talking about "'Vampires' that is the stereotypical Vampire.

They turn into charcoal when they step out into the sun, holy water can burn their skin, and you can't see them in the mirror. They go crazy with bloodlust. Dracula is a vampire.

"Vampyres" can go out into the sun it may hurt our eyes a bit but that's all. We are faster and stronger than the typical vampire. Plus Vampires are relatively moronic so there aren't many of them left, luckily for humans.

And some of us vampyres even have special abilities. I'm a telekinetic I can move things with my mind. It's not too common but it's not a very special ability either, although I am rather talented at it.

   Right now I'm practicing in the room of practice. (Yes I know it's a stupid name, very UN-original. But nobody in my generation picked this name.)