Conversion

"My Kell, we have a skiff in coming." A Captain told Sidriks. 

"What colors do they fly Captain?" Sidriks responded placing a small child on the ketch. 

"Devil's sir, but something isn't right." The captain replied looking in the direction of the ketch through a viewfinder. "That was the one the Wolves stole a month ago. Shall we destroy it?" 

"Wait a moment; something's different about this." He replied looking up to the ship. The other Eliksni readied themselves pulling out their weapons and focusing on the skiff as it approached the ground. The vehicle landed and the hover engines deactivated. 

"Do you have a plan?" Dimitri asked Zorrin inside of the vehicle. 

"Yes, just let me talk to them okay?" Zorrin replied. "And, put the gun down please, they'll fire upon us immediately." 

"Understood, just don't touch it." He replied placing the gun on the chair. Zorrin then opened the cockpit of the vehicle, and the other fallen held fast to their weapons. Sidriks walked over to the skiff unafraid and looked at the pair. 

"Who are you?" He asked. 

"My name is Zorrin; I am a former dreg from the House of Wolves. I ran away, and in the process I found Dimitri." He replied pointing to the human who was next to him. 

"Hello, Dimitri," Sidriks replied holding out his hand to meet his. 

Dimitri remained hesitant; he felt uncomfortable with shaking the hand of this new Eliksni. "Aren't you supposed to shake it?" Sidriks asked him. Dimitri slowly extended his hand to meet one of the Kell's, slowly shaking it. "Are you alright?" Sidriks asked him. 

"Peachy," Dimitri muttered. The pair stepped out of the ship and onto the Old Russian snow. "What are a human and a deserter doing in one of our stolen skiffs?" Sidriks asked them looking at the rushed repaint over the Devil's insignia with a wolf one. 

"We stole it back," Dimitri replied throwing the rifle over his back. "We killed the patrol that took it; we were hoping to use it to get to the last city." 

"Well, you wouldn't have gotten far, the anti-air cannons defending the city are top notch, you would have been blown out of the sky before you were even within line of sight of the place." 

"Have you tried?" Dimitri asked surprised. 

"No. But others have. I for one have been inside of the city." 

"Hold on, how did you get in?" 

"I am a guardian Dimitri, I am allowed inside the city's walls." 

"You. A fallen captain. Are a protector of the last bastion of humanity?" Dimitri asked unconvinced. A small white robot then appeared hovering over his shoulder. "He is, and he's also the Kishari." She replied. 

"Wait, Kishari? Hey, Zorrin, wasn't that the same title that Skolas had?" 

"Yes," Zorrin replied holding out his sword to Sidriks' neck. Sidriks didn't move from where he stood. "Skolas was a tyrant; he claimed that he was the Kell of Kells, what makes you so different?" He asked. The other fallen had their guns trained on him. 

"He freed us from our own tyrant, Vosik." One of the civilians replied. 

"Skolas freed us from Nosk," Zorrin replied glancing over at him. 

"I did not believe the word of the overseer either," Sidriks remarked under his golden helmet. 

"Wait, the overseer?" He replied.