Extinction.exe_initialized

James got up fairly early the morning after Sidriks left. He glanced to his right to see that Cameron wasn't there, she told him that she would be waking up incredibly early for a mission that the Vanguard assigned her, so he wasn't too worried. James slowly climbed out of bed and looked towards his clock. It was a little past eight, he didn't have a regular sleep schedule, so it didn't matter. The day was relatively bright, not a cloud in the sky as he looked toward the Traveler, seeing the sun glisten off of its white surface.

He walked out of his room to see that Nova was there waiting for him. "Morning Dad."

"Hey, what are you doing up so early?" He asked rubbing his eyes.

"Did you forget? Today is when you start your big mission for the Queen remember?"

"Yeah, but why are you up?"

"Because, Dad, you told me that you'd take me along with you."

"Oh yeah, that's right!" He said to her. "Do you want me to make you some breakfast or something before we go?"

"No, I'm good, let's get going." She replied determinedly. The House of Wolves was the organization that was responsible for the death of her mother. Since then she yearned for nothing more than revenge against them. They were the ones who ruined her life, in turn, she would do the same.

"Alright, put on your gear, and remember what I taught you."

"Right, I'll remember." She replied heading to her room. Nova threw open her closet, and there was her armor. Charon's armor for the except his helmet and his weapons were sent to the Heroes Museum at the center of the city. The Heroes Museum was a new addition to the city, as well as the memorial. This was where the heroes of both the Golden Age, Pre-Golden Age, and City Age were honored and remembered. James began the project a few weeks after the Black Garden Crisis was resolved. He started by going into the old evacuation ships in the Reef, raiding them for artifacts from the MDU's best operatives. A few of their weapons belonged to him and his friends when they found them, but the rest were given to the museum and its curators.

James wanted to make sure that the people never forgot who these people were. The museum was one of the most popular spots in the entire city to see; it seemed as if every week there would be a new display, or exhibit, or something like that. The people had an interest for these people, and James was glad to bring them back into the public eye once again.

Nova grabbed the armor that James had given her when she first met him. To this day she couldn't forget. She was blind until she met him and taught her how to utilize her void light to see the world around her. It was a moment that was so beautiful it brought her to tears. Then, he gave her a ghost she named Gem. In just a few minutes James gave her the impossible, the ability to see, and making her a guardian.

She placed the garments on her body glove, clipped her pistol to her belt, and ran down the stairs. "Dad, I'm ready!" She exclaimed.

"Glad to hear it, so am I." He replied placing the Paragon Shift on his back. The Paragon was James's primary weapon; it was a golden age carbine rifle that was used in the military forces protecting the evacuation ships during the collapse. Officially called the Alumnus 12-51 Carbine, it decimated foes on the battlefield by using a prototype round codenamed Paragon. The bullet itself would search for enemy signatures around a target once it was hit with a headshot then split into projectiles based on how many enemies were around it. James found it a few days after he was resurrected and has kept it on him ever since. This rifle had seen every adventure he had, and it never let him down.

The pair of father and daughter left the apartment and headed out to the hangar bay. James was already receiving a comms signal from the Reef as he stepped inside of his ship Fury. "James, are you there?"