Twelve

Thomas POV

My gaze flits between the two men. Holy shit. Holy shit. Holy shit. Alex stares at me, drunk on whatever he's sick with.

"Tommy, yoouuur faaaaace is soooooo prettty." Alex slurs.

"Fuck. Alex please shut up." I whisper and his eyes get sad.

"But Tooooommmmyyyy." He whines.

"I'm gonna beat someone's face in. Thomas Jefferson your first in line." Hercules says with a darkening glare.

"Fuck, guys I can't control him. I'm so fucking sorry. Please don't tell Angie." I beg. I hear soft snoring and look to see Alex is now asleep.

"She has to know, mon cousine." Lafayette says grabbing his phone,

"No! She deserves him! He deserves better than me! Please don't fuck that up!" I scream. My phone buzzes at the same time as theirs and I check it.

???- Hey. Look at the school slut!
The attached images show Angie and Maria making out. Fuck. I hear Alex crying.

"Why does no one love me enough not to cheat on me?" He whimpers, not sounding drunk.

"Shhh. Shhh. You deserve so much more than this." I whisper.

"That bitch! Why can't anyone keep it in their pants! I will kill all of you!" Herc screams.

Alex POV
I realize as I stare at the picture that I have to choose who I forgive. My brain screams Angelica. My heart cries louder, wailing for Thomas. I watch as Hercules storms off and Lafayette runs after him.

"Alex. I know I could never deserve you. Hear me out, that would be enough." Thomas begins. "If I could heal you. Make myself experience what your working through, you might smile. That would be enough. Look at where we are. Look at where we started. If I could hold you one last time... that would be enough." Thomas tells me. "I don't pretend to know what you're feeling. I know there's no fixing your trust right now, and you'll need time. But I'm not afraid. I know who I love. Just let me stay here by your side. That would be enough." By the end he's burst into tears. I begin crying as well.

"That would be enough." I respond and hug him tightly. He gasps and then clutches me tightly and bawls into my shoulder.

"I love you." Thomas whispers.

"You don't even know. Can't even comprehend how much I love you." I whisper. Thomas lifts me out of my wheelchair and spins me in the air.

Angelica POV
I lay next to Maria, panting lightly. A loud knock makes me jump. Lightly I kiss her and get up to get the door. When I open it I'm greeted by my sisters, Lafayette and Hercules, and George Washington. They all glare at me. Peggy holds up her phone to show pictures of me and Maria with the caption 'look at the school sluts!'

"Alex is sobbing into Thomas Jefferson's chest right now. He's been asking why everyone he loves cheats on him." Lafayette hisses. No way to get around this.

"She's my girlfriend! Where is she?" Peggy screams. "I'm going to kill both of you!" I flinch as they push past me. George glares down at me.

"I thought I could trust you." The bald man growls, looking very disappointed. Shrinking back from him, I look to his ever darkening gaze. Everyone gathers around me with deadly glares.

"I can't believe you. I can barely call you my sister." Peggy spits.

"Watch your back, sister, sleep with one eye open." Eliza growls.

"You're lucky murder is illegal." Hercules hisses.

"You're a nuisance." Lafayette says and carries on in French.

"Keep away from me and my family. That includes Lafayette, Hercules, Peggy, and Eliza. Especially Alexander." Washington warns. Suddenly I see Maria in the doorway, wearing next to nothing.

"Babe come back to bed." She says, she must be looking at her phone.

"And you." Peggy hisses. Maria's gaze snaps to meet Peggy's.

"Pegs? Oh god. I'm so fucking sorry." Maria begs.

"Save it for that trash. I can't believe you two. Breaking everyone around you's hearts. Next time think about the consequences." Peggy balls her fists. When she says trash she points at me. Peggy and Eliza have disowned me as a sister.

"Alexander was already a broken man. We didn't need another heart break." George says with as deadly of tone as a trained assassin. Everyone but Maria and Peggy leaves.

"Congratulations." She barks and turns on her heels. She trots and catches up with the rest of the group. I break down crying on the floor.

Peggy POV

I would do another 'congrats' routine with Angelica, but I'd rather not be with her. It was almost satisfying, hearing her break down as I walked away. Eliza and I ride in my Mini Cooper to they boys' dorm. When we get there we find Alex and Thomas Jefferson cuddle together on the floor. Alex is promptly burning the photos of him and Angelica. She was to be erased from our daily lives. Thomas is throwing each picture into water when it gets too fiery. Seeing the short man smiling, even as weakly as this, was comforting. When he finishes the last of his stack I tackle him with a hug.

"My precious cinnamon roll brother!" I scream into the crook of his neck.

"My sinnamon sister!" He exclaims. "And the muffin known as Eliza." Alex says pulling her into our hug. I balance on his cast and he lifts me into the air. Eliza giggles when I fall off. Dusting off my skater skirt, I stand up and shove Eliza onto the couch.

"You wanna go, little girl?" Eliza playfully taunts.

"Let's go!" I respond though it sounds like 'less gow!' I pin her to the floor and she tickles me. "No fair, no tickling!" I yell and instantly begin tickling her.