Lunch Break

Yao's POV
The next morning was a blur of paper work. Yao was rather nervous about meeting Ivan so he couldn't focus all morning. Yao had no idea what Ivan was planning. The only good  thing about his to Yao was that he got some time off. Yao loved his father but the pressure was immense. Yao sometimes couldn't handle it, his temper flared constantly because if it. Yao was in his room changing into his usual outfit, a traditional Chinese robe and military green pants. "Well Panda this is it, I have to talk to Ivan." Yao said to his stuffed friend sighing and walking out his door.

Once Yao had arrived he was surprised to see so many gaurds. Ivan and his father were staying in China for a few months because of some business agreements one being with his father. Luckily Yao's father did not tag along for this meeting and it would only be him and Ivan. Though Yao was still skeptical on why he was here. Ivan wanted to talk but about what? Yao was shaken from his thoughts when he saw Ivan waiting at the front gate. The car drifted into the stop. Yao got out of the car to be greeted by Ivan. Passed the gates he saw stone stairs leading to a large cream colored mansion with lots of windows. This house was larger than his own. "Let's go into the house I'll show you the garden till lunch is ready. The garden is just in the back." Ivan stated starting to walk up the stairs. Yao followed as he replied, "What no hello?"
"Hello."
Yao rolled his eyes but continued, "What are we having for lunch?"
"Wanton soup."
"Really?" Yao said getting exited.
"Yes my father and I have been eating more traditional Chinese foods since we arrived."
"Who is cooking it?" Yao asked.
"One of the chefs." Ivan replied.
"Just one of the chefs? I bet it would be better if a traditional chef made it."
"What are you suggesting? We don't exactly have a traditional chef."
"I could make it."
"I don't know."
"You don't know what I just so happen to be a chef and I know all of the traditional recepies."  Yao replied getting irritated.
"Fine but I'll have to come with you." Ivan replied.
Yao followed Ivan through the extravagant house to downstairs where the kitchen was.
The kitchen was huge like everything in the house. In the middle of the room was a large counter top with prepared vegetables. Off to the right was a two stacked stoves and a sink. Off to the other side was what Yao assumed to be a dish washer and another sink. There were a few servants and chefs who seemed to flinch when Ivan walked in.
"Is there anything you need sir?" One stuttered. "No my friend just wanted to be a part of cooking today's lunch." Ivan replied. The servant seemed to sigh in relief as she spoke again,"Alright he can start with mixing the spices and vegetables." 

"Thank you." Yao replied as he walked toward the counter in the center grabbing an apron and beginning to mix the spices in the meat. Yao put the meat in the stove then began with the shell of the wontons. Ivan was still at the doorway watching Yao as he cooked. "Are you just going to stand there?" Yao asked. "What am I supposed to do?" Ivan replied smiling. "Get over here and help me with these wontons." Ivan continued to smile as he walked over and help Yao as much as he could. The servants watched Yao and Ivan as they began talking while they finished cooking lunch. Yao heard one of them say,"What  is going on I've never seen Mr. Ivan act like this." And another one reply, "I bet it's his new friend." What was Ivan like before this? Yao began to think. Yao really couldn't have that much affect on him right? The have only known each other for two days but those days have felt like years of talking and getting to know each other. Soon the whispering disappeared as the servants left to clean around the house. Soon it was only Ivan and Yao.  Yao saw Ivan looking over to him. "Is there something you need?" Yao asked turning to Ivan. As he did Ivan leaned down and kissed Yao. Yao pulled away blushing and exclaimed,"What are you doing?!"
"What you didn't like it?"
Yao just became more red in the face as he said, "I never said I didn't like it but what about your country? There views on these things are not accepting."
"Don't you think I know that?"
"Then why risk it on a person you have just met?"
"Because your the only person that has talked to me like a person. Most people are scared of me."  Yao did remember when they first met Ivan having an air around him that wordlessly said get away from me. Yao overlooked this at the time but know he could see why people thought Ivan was scary and it didn't help that Ivan towered over almost everyone especially Yao. "We will talk about this after lunch." Yao replied preparing the meal to be served.