Dinner plans

Yao's POV
Yao looked out at the pouring rain through his father's office window. He needed to get the paper work down but he was not focused today. And really why did he need to do this if his father was just going to redo it himself. Yao's father was one of the most important people in china's government. His father would make Yao do all this paper work to prepare when he went into office. Yao didn't have any interest in running a country but it ran in the family so he had to.

Yao was pulled from his thoughts when his father looked up from his desk and said, "Yao your going with me to meet someone in the Russian government. His son will be there, I would like you to become friends with him. You are excused from the rest of the days work" Great. Yao thought. I am yet again a pawn in this game but at least I don't have to be in this stuffy office anymore. Yao had been used by his father to get closer to other countries. Yao only nodded while walking out of the door.

He walked down the hall to his room. His mother was never around much now that his father was busy and Yao was usually with him. His mother never went on business trips she usually just stayed home, cooked, and cleaned. The marriage between his mother and father was arranged for power. His mother's father was the leading business man at the time. His mother and father never really loved each other but there was a mutual understanding.

Yao entered his room plopping down on his bed. His room was a decent size but it always felt empty. There was only a small desk and chair with his bed in the corner. Yao looked out the window to see the rain still pouring down. He got up and walked to his closet. He grabbed his traditional Chinese robe for tonight's dinner. "Well Panda what do you think?" Yao asked his stuffed Panda after he got changed. Yao sighed, "I suppose this should do."

Yao laid on his bed until his father called for him to come downstairs. Yao slowly got out of bed and said goodbye to his bear. He was dreading this dinner another evening of zoning out while his father and another world leader talked about business. His father did mention the man's son but it was probably just another person who never opened his mouth. Awesome. Yao wished he could just stay here with his Panda. He walked down the stairs to see his father waiting by the door. "Come on Yao we don't have all night." His father said jokingly. They walked out the front door and got in the car. Yao just looked out the window to see the rain was slowing down. Yao didn't say anything to his father on the way there.

When they finally did get to the restaurant he saw the Russian and his son waiting by the door. The Russian official was dressed in a suit like his father but his son was in a long coat with a pale pink scarf and leather boots. Yao thought it was a bit strange but he like he was doing something different though it wasn't uncommon for the relatives of the officials to ware more traditional things to there culture. As Yao look to the Russians sons face all he was focused on was his eyes as he got out of the car and walked toward them. They were a beautiful violet color unlike anything he has seen. By the looks of the Russian son Yao knew this would be interesting. He looked down as they approached the two so he didn't look impolite staring. Though he felt it strange it was hard to do so.

Ivans POV

He didn't even notice the Chinese official, all he saw was a man around his age staring into his eyes. The son of the official had beautiful brown eyes and an ashy brown ponytail. He was waring a traditional red Chinese robe and military green pants underneath. His father had never really taken him out like this so this agreement must be important. There greetings were brief he had learned the name of the officials son, Yao. After the introductions both their fathers began talking of business as they walked toward the table. This is your chance to finally have a real friend Ivan you better not mess this up. Ivan though to himself.