Chapter 33

Enid P.O.V
     "This so boring," Carl points out the obvious to me, laying on the floor as Judith animatedly babbles her baby mouth off.

    "I think it's glorious,"I throw in my two-sense from my spot on the couch.

    "Says the pregnant girl," he points out, his blue eyes narrowing as he grabs his hat and stands up.

    "It's not my fault you were a fool and didn't wrap your tool," I smirk into the couch, even though I know it's partly my fault as well.

     I see him roll his eye as he places his hat on his head and grabs his jacket which he was using as a pillow. "How long has it been since we came here?" He asks me.

     I shrug unsurely, giggling as Judith stands at Carl's feet with her arms extended in the air for her to get picked up. "I just thought my dad would come by now. The second he noticed we were gone I know that's the first thing he'd do, under normal circumstances. That's just the way he is."

      Judith whines loudly, making Carl glance down at her. She pouts out her bottom lip and makes her blue eyes pop out. She knows exactly what to do to get her big brother to give in. He melts slightly and leans down, scooping her up in his arms and holding her upside down by her waist. She giggles uncontrollably. This is why I'm not worried about Carl being a father... if I don't make it.

    "He probably got caught up with Negan Carl. He's got to make sure he's all clear before coming," Carl nods slowly at my words.

    "B-but I want to make sure he's safe... and not sitting trapped.. or or worse. I'm just gonna go look around where we are."

    "Carl don't be stupid. You can't go by yourself," I pull myself up, crossings my arms across my chest sassily.

    "I thought we were through with this sort of stuff. You aren't gonna stop me," he passes Judith into my arms. I frown. Why is he so god damn stubborn.

    "Carl your dad wouldn't want you putting yourself in danger to find him. Besides, you know your dad. He's made it this far, he's alive for a reason. He's not gonna go out like this," I try to reason with him.

    "Well either way I need to get Judith a crib. Actually I should probably get two cribs. And I just want to scope it out and see if there is any basic necessities laying around this town. I didn't look before," I bite my lip.

     Carl is just like his dad. He's strong and he's a good fighter. I know he wouldn't dare going out there if he thought he was in serious danger. He's smarter than that.
"If you aren't back in 2 hours I'm going looking for you myself. You hear me?"

     "I know, Enid. I'll be careful," then he's out of the door.

Almost immediately Judith starts crying. I sigh. It's been a day or two since we left and she's gotten used to Carl being around all the time. But she's got to get used to him not always being there, as much as it hurts my heart. But, she's also just a baby and I know the only thing that will make her forget is either food or the power of distraction. But it's only been like an hour since she last ate, so I pick her up and noisily blow raspberries on her belly.

"Bubby. Where Bubby?" She wipes her tears with her small fists. I find when she's with Carl she's always asking for me and when she's with me she's always asking for Carl.

"Come on let's go plant some flowers outside, huh? Bubby will be back soon," I set her on the ground, taking her little hand in mine and walking to the back door that leads into the walled in yard.

Distracted, I nearly forget to snatch up the flower seeds sitting on the table beside the door. What I'm distracted by is the car that pulls up outside the house. I hurriedly smooth Judith up in my arms and climb the stairs as quick as I can.

Eeny, meeny- Oh just pick already Enid! I run into Judith and I's room after debating for a moment. It has a window that leads to the front so I peek through, making sure to show as little of me as possible. God Enid you're so stupid. It's Rick. Hehe that never happened.

Fool, I scold myself. I collect myself for a moment, catching my breath and pretending that I'm just coming from upstairs and didn't run from
him in fear. "Hello Rick," I say calmly.

Good; he suspects nothing. He nods at me, but I notice the way his eyes glare. My own eyes move down to my feet and we are in awkward silence for a moment. Judith breaks the silence with a loud yell for her dad.

Hearing that, Ricks lips automatically curve into a grin at the baby's adorableness. I set Judy down on the ground and she goes running for her dad happily, no idea of the awkwardness in the room. I'm no idiot(sometimes) and I am aware that Rick probably believes it was my idea to leave Alexandria with his two kids.

I awkwardly rub my hands together as Rick reunited with Judith. Not a minute later does Rick notice his son is missing from this picture. "Uhm.. funny story actually. We left pretty quickly and we kind of forgot a crib so Carl went to get one. He was kind of going to glance around for you to because he was worried you hadn't done and now you're here so I don't know-"

     Justifying myself takes a lot of breath. I inhale deeply, opening my mouth to continue but Rick holds up a finger for me to stop talking. "I get it," he says. I nod animatedly to get I understand.

    "Who made a house with walls like that anway?"
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••I am alive. Barely after the last episode of the walking dead, but seeing the carnid prepped for next episode I'm ready. IM SO FUCKING READY! Ok.. I'm calm.
(Song of the chapter is Carl Poppa ahah))